Background[edit | edit source]
Clover is a prostitute, one of two caught and pressed into slavery by Eulogy Jones a few months before meeting the Lone Wanderer. She along with Crimson are abused by their master, and attempt to stay out of his way. They will not talk to strangers. When Eulogy is not present, they will speak with one another, usually to bicker. Eulogy claims that she is one of the craziest girls he's ever seen which makes her perfect as a bodyguard because she's "crazy in-love with whoever holds her leash." She can be found inside Eulogy's pad or following him around outside.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is a permanent companion.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Rescue from Paradise: When trying to distract Forty, Clover can be asked if she will go talk to him, but she will decline.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer's Karma is evil enough, they may purchase Clover from Eulogy Jones for 1000 caps (or 500 caps with a Barter skill of 50).
- If the Lone Wanderer currently has a companion when purchasing Clover with Barter skill, the "one companion limit" message is printed and Clover will only be available for 1000 caps.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty pre-War spring outfit
|Clover's sawed-off shotgun
Clover's Chinese officer's sword
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If dismissed, Clover returns to Eulogy's Pad in Paradise Falls (even if Eulogy Jones and everyone in Paradise Falls is dead). She can be re-hired at any time, regardless of Karma, without having to pay an additional fee.
- Clover will leave after waiting for a very short time (24 in-game hours) while all other followers in the party will stay where they were left for one week.
- If all the slavers in Paradise Falls are dead while she is present and not yet a companion, she will turn hostile and will not be recruitable in the future.
- She will turn against the Lone Wanderer if she catches them stealing too many times while in Paradise Falls.
- Clover's slave collar adds 3 to her or the Wanderer's armor class and its condition does not deteriorate.
- Clover has the Slaver class instead of the slave class. The slaver class' tag skills being Barter, Melee Weapons and Small Guns.
- Clover becomes attracted to the Lone Wanderer when they purchase her and will flirt occasionally. She will also flirt with Eulogy often.
- Picking the gate at the Temple of the Union will turn Clover hostile.
- Clover will refuse to start the purifier in Take it Back, she suggests that the Lone Wanderer "find themselves another guinea pig."
- Clover will kill Crimson if the Lone Wanderer starts killing slavers in a stealthy way.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Can I have a better gun?"
- "You're always welcome to take whatever you want, lover."
- "You big tease!"
- "Can I do something for you? Or... to you?"
- "Aww, aren't you cute?"
- "I wonder what Eulogy's doing."
- "I'm bored."
- "This place sucks!"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Clover appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Xbox 360 Trading certain headgear to her will cause her to wear it, but when you remove it from her inventory it will become a "default" piece of gear. Other headgear may be given to her to replace it, and she will wear it as normal, but as soon as you remove said headgear from her she will revert back to the previous headgear. It has been confirmed with the stormchaser hat and eyeglasses. [verified]
- It seems she will revert back after an hour or so in-game, or restarting the game.
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide p. 276: "PARADISE FALLS: INHABITANTS (SLAVES)"
"Eulogy's prostitutes are two slaves caught a few months back. They have been systematically brainwashed and threatened until they've become completely subservient to their master. Eulogy verbally abuses them constantly. You can listen to the tirades as the girls meekly plead for forgiveness. When Eulogy is away, they're both catty to each other. You cannot speak to either of them; any conversations must be through Eulogy. Note: you can purchase Clover as a Follower."
(Tour of the Capital Wasteland)
- Lone Wanderer: "What makes her so special?"
Eulogy Jones: "I'll tell you why: because Clover is the craziest girl I've ever seen. And I'm an expert on crazy girls. Crazy in a fight, crazy in the sack, crazy every which way but loose! But most of all, she's crazy in love with whoever's holding her leash."
(Eulogy Jones' dialogue)