Notable Quotes Audio Project
Father Clifford was born in 2217. At the age of 60, he spends most of his days in the church, but leaves for a couple hours every day to walk around the carrier. He's a nice guy and likes just about everyone he meets. He is especially fond of telling the story of Saint Monica, who went on a journey to be with her son and saved his soul. He counsels Mister Lopez during his frequent visits to the church. He's mildly envious of Doctor Preston; it doesn't help that Doctor Preston never attends church.
Before 2077, Clifford came across Marcella, a Christian missionary from the Abbey of the Road. She was delighted to find another person in the wasteland as passionate about religion as she was. Clifford acts as a teacher and somewhat father to his acolyte Diego, who woould most likely become a priest when Clifford is deceased.
Father Clifford has an acolyte, Diego, who he has taken care of since Diego was abandoned by his father. The bond they have is like father and son.
Father Clifford is normally seen in and around Saint Monica's Church but is known to roam around the inside of Rivet City talking to other residents. On occasion Father Clifford can be found in The Muddy Rudder lecturing anyone present on the dangers of sin in the bar.
Every Sunday Father Clifford holds a mass, for which most of Rivet City's named non-player characters show up.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Church Donations: If the Lone Wanderer wants to gain Karma, the player charater can talk to Father Clifford and make a donation to the church, the more caps, the better the karma reward.
- A Nice Day for a Right Wedding: The player can tell Father Clifford about Angela and Diego.
- If the player talks to Father Clifford he gives the player a brief history of his church and role.
- Father Clifford often says "May Saint Monica bless you" upon arrival and when you stop talking to him.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty pre-War relaxedwear||-||Father Clifford's key
Saint Monica's Key
- There is a whiskey bottle and a syringe of Med-X in his podium in the church.
- During the Point Lookout add-on, the Lone Wanderer finds out that Marcella, a Christian missionary, made contact with Father Clifford in her travels.
Xbox 360 PC Playstation 3 The Sunday sermon is often glitched: either Father Clifford is not present at all, but non-player characters shush each other because he is speaking, or he will be present, but not speaking. It is advisable to go to church before starting A Nice Day For a Wedding, as the Sunday sermon seems to get stuck because of a bug in that quest. [verified]
- He has also been noticed speaking his sermon in the upper deck hallways on days other than Sunday. [platforms tag needed]