|Minutemen radiant quest: Clearing the Way|
|Speak to the leader of the settlement.|
|Travel to the infested potential settlement.|
|Secure the workshop.|
|Reward: A new settlement|
|Report your success to the leader of the first settlement.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
A new settlement
|Report your success to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 100+ XP|
After joining the Minutemen, this quest can be periodically obtained when talking to Preston Garvey or listening to Radio Freedom. The Sole Survivor is informed that a settlement needs help, with the details available from the settlers. Alternatively, the quest may be obtained directly from a settler even if the Sole Survivor has not joined the Minutemen (this occurs more frequently at unowned settlements).
To proceed with the quest the Sole Survivor must travel to the settlement and talk to their leader, who will give the details: a nearby area has been infested with hostiles that are threatening the settlement. The settler will ask that the Sole Survivor clear the infestation for the safety of the settlement, before mentioning that the infested area would be a good spot for another settlement.
To complete the objective, the Sole Survivor must travel to the soon-to-be settlement and clear it of enemies. Clearing the area will unlock the workshop, allowing the Sole Survivor to access it and complete the objective. With the threat neutralized, the Sole Survivor can talk to the settler from before to receive thanks and a reward of ~100 caps, as well as ownership of their settlement (if it wasn't already owned). This will also cause two settlers to spawn in the settlement that was cleared earlier. If the quest was given by Preston Garvey, the Sole Survivor must report back to him to turn in the quest; it will be completed immediately upon receiving the reward otherwise.
Settlements asking for help
Potential settlements to clear
- Coastal cottage : Kill the mirelurks
- Croup Manor : Kill the feral ghouls
- Hangman's Alley : Kill the raiders
- Jamaica Plain : Kill the feral ghouls
- Kingsport Lighthouse : Kill the Children of Atom and the Glowing one atop the lighthouse
- Murkwater construction site : Kill the mirelurk queen
- Nordhagen Beach: Kill the mirelurks
- Outpost Zimonja : Kill the raiders
- Starlight Drive In : Kill the mole rats
- Sunshine Tidings co-op: Kill the feral ghouls
- Taffington boathouse : Kill the bloodbugs
- This quest will only be given for settlements with a population of at least 1.
- With the Nuka-World add-on installed, this quest will not be given for settlements that have been captured or subdued by the Nuka-World raiders.
- The death of the settlement leader will result in the quest failing. If Preston gave the quest, the Sole Survivor must report their failure to him before the quest is removed from the quest log.
- All the potential settlements can be cleared out by hand without obtaining this quest first, unlocking the settlement without the cap and experience rewards (or the conversations with Preston).
- This quest will not be given if all of the potential locations have been cleared and unlocked already; Preston will give a different random quest instead.
- Although this is technically a Minutemen quest, it can be obtained before joining the Minutemen. If the Sole Survivor has joined the Minutemen, the quest dialogue will include mentions of the Minutemen; this dialogue is omitted otherwise. This trait is shared with the other settlement-related quests.
- If the Sole Survivor already has ownership of the settlement requesting help, the quest will have an undisclosed 14-day timer. This timer resets after completing each objective and the quest will fail if time runs out with one exception: if the Sole Survivor received the reward and is currently at the "Talk to Preston Garvey" objective, the quest will complete itself after 14 days.
- targetID.moveto player to teleport the NPC in question. This can be resolved by using the console command
- The Warwick homestead example can be resolved by building stairs into the cistern and a bell outside of it. Using the bell and waiting for an in-game hour (using the Wait option) will cause the NPCs to spawn near the bell.