“I can't believe that an entire pack moved into the quarry. I thought that kind of bad luck only happened in New Vegas.”— Chomps Lewis
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
|Unmarked Quest: Claws Out|
|Travel to Sloan and speak to Chomps Lewis.|
|Discuss why the miners are not working, and agree to look into the deathclaw problem at his quarry.|
|Proceed to Quarry Junction and eliminate the deathclaw mother, and the deathclaw alpha male.|
|Return to Sloan and speak to Chomps Lewis to complete the quest, and get the reward.|
|Reward: NCR fame|
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Head to the quarry, and kill both the alpha male and the deathclaw mother. The mother is with the youngsters at all times. The targeted deathclaws must be killed. Then the Courier can return and get their reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player character is required to be level 15 to get the quest from Chomps Lewis.
- If the player character informs Lewis that they will attempt to remove the deathclaws, they will receive 5 stimpaks as well as 5 super stimpaks. If the player character is at a low level he will remark that he doesn't think you'd be able to do it and he won't give you any stimpaks.
- This quest can be started and completed before even speaking to Chomps Lewis. Simply speak to him after it is completed for the reward.
- Two to three days after the alpha male and the mother deathclaw are killed, the deathclaws will leave the area.
- Finishing this quest will not make quarry workers appear in Quarry Junction, but rather they will show up in Boulder City and will patronize the Big Horn Saloon. Additionally, the bartender will mention that "some badass" wiped out the deathclaws.
- Killing the deathclaw babies will frenzy the deathclaw mother.
- Deathclaws' large size makes it hard for them to maneuver up piles of rocks or around certain objects. The quarry thus makes it easier to find these piles and keep away from them while you attack. A particularly effective way is to climb the western conveyor belt to the central tower and pick them off from there.
- If Chomps Lewis is dead the player character won't be able to finish this quest.
References[edit | edit source]
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.