|Side Quest: Classic Inspiration|
|Speak with Michael Angelo in his shop.|
|Take a picture of the Bison Steve sign in Primm.|
|Take a picture of the Novac thermometer.|
|Take a picture of the Camp McCarran sign.|
|Take a picture of the HELIOS One sign.|
|Take a picture of the Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ bottle.|
|Return to Michael Angelo.|
|Reward: 150 caps per photo, 950 XP, 500 caps, and Strip fame|
To start this quest, you need to enter Michael Angelo's workshop at the far south of the New Vegas Strip. After entering the workshop, the Courier will be directed to speak with Michael Angelo, the "artistic name" of Sheldon Weintraub, brother of Sarah Weintraub from Vault 21. Michael seems hesitant and stressed, and can be further disturbed by being lied to and extorted by the player character in a series of skill challenges.
Once down to business, the Courier can either continue to bully him for XP and caps through a 50 Speech check, but if they choose to bully him, they will not be allowed to start the quest. One may conversely start the quest by diagnosing him with a 55 Medicine check. This quest starts even if the stat check fails.
Michael's problem seems to be that he is running out of inspiration in his dark and dusty workshop, but at the same time is afraid to experience the outside world in person, due to a large portion of his life being spent in Vault 21.
Michael enlists the player character in obtaining several pictures of distinctive signs about the wasteland, giving the Courier 24 camera film and a special camera, the Codac R9000, in order to accomplish the task.
Take pictures of the following five signs:
- The dinosaur thermometer in Novac.
- The bison sign on the roof of the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm.
- The sign over the entrance at Camp McCarran.
- The sign over the main doors at HELIOS One.
- The big bottle that acts as the main entrance of the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters.
When a picture is taken of one landmark, the player character can return and receive up to 200 caps. When a picture is taken of all of the landmarks, the Courier will be rewarded with an additional 500 - 5000 caps. Successful photos award 100, 125, 150, 175, and 200 XP immediately. Completion of the quest results in an additional 200 XP, for a total of 950 base XP and Strip fame.
- One can return to Michael Angelo and receive more film when one has none in their inventory. This can be done after the quest is completed.
- If the Courier has only discovered Camp McCarran and not Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters, fast travel to McCarran and then head to the old Poseidon gas station. From the northwestern corner of the open garage, one can clearly see the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters and its giant bottle (even without zooming in with the camera). It is only required to get close enough for the label on the bottle to appear (go between the street lamp and New Vegas wall). One does not have to walk all the way to the building or across the highway. It is a bit harder to accomplish if trying it in reverse, as the McCarran sign is a much smaller target.
- If Sarah Weintraub is killed at any point before or during Classic Inspiration, the quest will be failed. Michael will not continue the conversation after she has died.
- After one receives the Don't Tread on the Bear! quest, it is very likely to run into an NCR trooper MP that will attack when returning to receive the reward.
- If one previously extorted Michael, completing the quest may no longer be possible.