The city of Clarksburg, located in the northern region of Appalachia was very much a functional city. It had a grocery store, a Post Office, a hardware store, a gun store, a church, and even a private shooting club. Unfortunately, like most of the region, it suffered from the man vs. robot riots and protesting that affected much of the rest of the state. The city was ultimately ruined after the Great War, when the Toxic Valley was polluted by industrial chemicals.
The town of Clarksburg has many buildings along its central street, including a supermarket/pharmacy, a post office, a church, an ice cream parlor with a cooking station on the roof, a gun store with a weapons workbench and armory that can be unlocked via a level 2 terminal, a hardware store with an armor workbench, and a couple of decimated houses on the outskirts of town. The Clarksburg Shooting Club can also be found here.
- Holotapes and notes
- Confidential safety data - Note, in the mailbox of the post office building, during Cold Case.
- Chelsea's diary page - Note, in a house on the eastern side of town.
- Mary's diary page - Note, in a backpack inside a semi-submerged trailer on the northwestern edge of town.
- Cooper Lu's journal
- Power armor
- Raider power armor - Located on the fourth floor of the brick building on the east end of town. Accessed via the fire escape by taking the stairs behind the gun shop to the roof.
- Plans and recipes
- Random armor plan - On the roof of the repair store, inside the room with a trunk, on a metal shelf.
- Random recipe - On the second floor of the pharmacy building, on a kitchen counter to the right of a box. Accessed by the stairs at the rear of the building.
- Fusion core - In the basement of the warehouse on the western end of town, inside the fusion generator.
- Chainsaw - Can spawn on a shelf inside the hardware store at the top balcony.
- Random weapon mod - Inside the gun shop on the second floor, on a desk.
Clarksburg appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The city of Clarksburg exists beyond the game. Located in Harrison County, West Virginia, the city is much larger than its representation in Fallout 76 and was listed to have a population of approximately 16,578 in 2016.
- The theater building is loosely based on the Robinson Grand Performing Arts Center, located at 444 West Pike Street. One major difference is its lack of marquee in-game.
- The hardware store and factory buildings are loosely based on the Standard Mill complex, located at the Clark Street/North 6th Street intersection.