Background[edit | edit source]
Calm and more or less normal to the casual observer, Clanden nonetheless manages to unnerve people with his apparent purity, as he does not enjoy prostitutes or drugs, not even at the Gomorrah. Despite that, he's a special guest of the leaders of the Omertas, Nero and Big Sal, who need his services to carry out an attack on the Strip for Caesar when he attacks the dam, so that they can distract the NCR Army.
Clanden's expertise with explosives allows them to engineer a big enough attack to force the Republic to respond and weaken their positions at Camp McCarran. Since he has to engineer a way to kill many people in a large area relatively quickly, he settled on a gas attack, using chlorine obtained from the rival Ultra-Luxe.
In return for his services, Clanden is provided with caps, a luxury suite, and fodder for his single vice, misogynistic sadism. He delights himself in inflicting pain and suffering on women, first raping them violently, then murdering them in visceral ways, all the while recording the whole process on holotapes for later use. This being Gomorrah and the Omertas, there is no shortage of victims to fuel Clanden's atrocities and both of the leaders are more than willing to sacrifice them in return for Clanden's expertise.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Pre-War relaxed wear||.44 Magnum revolver
|Zoara Club key
Clanden's room key
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Clanden is confronted in his suite and he becomes hostile, killing him may alert the guard who patrols the hallway outside, resulting in all of the Omerta thugs in the casino becoming hostile.
- There are many signs of violence in Clanden's suite, including evidence of a struggle in the kitchen, multiple pools of blood as well as blood tracks on the carpet.
- A room in the suites level that can be opened with his key contains a dead prostitute. A Medicine skill of 35 or higher reveals that the woman was tortured for several hours and then murdered. Judging by the livor mortis, the body was there for less than a day.
- Clanden will disappear from his room and the casino after receiving the weapon components during How Little We Know.
- Clanden may reappear later, locked in a jail cell at the NCR Embassy, but will have no new dialogue options as if he is still in his suite at Gomorrah and will not attempt to escape even if the cell door is opened. There is no penalty (and no hostility on the part of the NCR) if he is murdered in his jail cell.
- Clanden may be killed by the securitrons after he enters Freeside through the Strip North Gate.
- He may also be found wandering directly southwest of Ranger station Charlie fighting two Vipers. If an attempt is made to speak with him, there will be no dialogue options available and he will talk as if he is still living in his room at Gomorrah. Positive Karma is granted upon killing him and his room key, a Zoara Club key, assorted ammunition, his clothing, and his .44 Magnum revolver can be looted.
- Killing Clanden with a submachine gun, a light machine gun or a minigun does not count towards the Nyah! See? challenge, as he is only a mercenary hired by the Omertas.
- If the Courier uses the Mister Sandman perk on him while he’s in the NCR Military Police HQ jail cell, he will be teleported inside of the cell with no way of escape except reloading to a previous save.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Disabled dialogue allowed the player to use a Speech check of 45 to lure him into the room containing the dead prostitute, which he would then turn hostile and attack the player, forcing them to kill him.
- The option to turn him in to Marie Pappas was meant to be activated upon showing his tapes to Cachino, but was disabled. If on PC, the player can use the console command SetObjectiveDisplayed 110a63 71 1 to make the objective and dialogue option of turning him in is available.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I'm a close friend of some of the family around here. I do some independent contracting around the casino, and they set me up with this great room."
- "Well, look at you! It's so rare I get a volunteer. Yes, let's head to my special room. Follow me, we'll talk there. "
- "Blowing shit up, of course. Thing is, they don't need things to blow up, they need people to die in a fairly large area in a fairly small timeframe."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Clanden appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The Gomorrah prostitute may be found alive, standing inside the locked room. This appears to be the case especially if the player character has picked the lock to the room instead of opening it with Clanden's looted key. She will greet the Courier, utter random phrases, and even wander out into the hallway. Attempting to speak with the "corpse" will still prompt for the Medical skill check. She will still respawn even after being completely dismembered. [verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Courier: "What kind of specialist is Clanden?"
Cachino: "I got no fucking idea. They let him have the run of the place though. He seems like a nice guy, but he makes nervous. He's a little arrogant, but he's too nice. Too open, I've never seen him fucking or gambling. Everyone has a vice, but this guy seems like the Pope."
- The Courier: "What do you need the bombs for?"
Clanden: "Blowing shit up, of course. Thing is, they don't need things to blow up, they need people to die in a fairly large area in a fairly small timeframe. There are other ways to kill people with bombs aside from explosions, if you know what I mean."
- Snuff tapes
- Disabled dialogue