A special guest of the leaders of the Omertas, Nero and Big Sal, Clanden's expertise is needed to carry out an attack on the Strip for Caesar when he attacks the dam, so that they can distract the NCR Army. Those who come in contact with him at Gomorrah comment on his lack of interest in gambling or prostitutes, which makes them nervous.
Clanden's expertise with explosives allows them to engineer a big enough attack to force the Republic to respond and weaken their positions at Camp McCarran. Since he has to engineer a way to kill many people in a large area relatively quickly, he settled on a gas attack, using chlorine obtained from the rival Ultra-Luxe. In return for his services, Clanden is provided with caps, a luxury suite, and an opportunity to create snuff tapes without consequence.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- How Little We Know: Joana says some call girls are missing and asks the Courier to investigate. A room in the suites level that can be opened with his key contains a dead prostitute. A Medicine skill of 35 or higher reveals that the woman was killed less than a day ago.
- Killing Clanden with a submachine gun, a light machine gun or a minigun does not count towards the Nyah! See? challenge, as he is only a mercenary hired by the Omertas.
|Pre-War relaxed wear||.44 Magnum revolver
|Zoara Club key
Clanden's room key
- If Clanden is confronted in his suite and he becomes hostile, killing him may alert the guard who patrols the hallway outside, resulting in all of the Omerta thugs in the casino becoming hostile.
- There are many signs of violence in Clanden's suite, including evidence of a struggle in the kitchen, multiple pools of blood as well as blood tracks on the carpet.
- Clanden will disappear from his room and the casino after receiving the weapon components during How Little We Know.
- Clanden may reappear later, locked in a jail cell at the NCR Embassy, but will have no new dialogue options as if he is still in his suite at Gomorrah and will not attempt to escape even if the cell door is opened. There is no penalty (and no hostility on the part of the NCR) if he is murdered in his jail cell.
- Clanden may be killed by the Securitrons after he enters Freeside through the Strip North Gate.
- He may also be found wandering directly southwest of Ranger Station Charlie fighting two Vipers. If an attempt is made to speak with him, there will be no dialogue options available and he will talk as if he is still living in his room at Gomorrah. Positive Karma is granted upon killing him and his room key, a Zoara Club key, assorted ammunition, his clothing, and his .44 Magnum revolver can be looted.
- If the Courier uses the Mister Sandman perk on Clanden while he’s in the NCR Military Police HQ jail cell, they will be teleported inside of the cell with no way of escape except reloading to a previous save.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- The option to turn him in to Marie Pappas was meant to be activated upon showing his tapes to Cachino, but was disabled. If on PC, the player can use the console command SetObjectiveDisplayed 110a63 71 1 to make the objective and dialogue option of turning him in is available.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- "I'm a close friend of some of the family around here. I do some independent contracting around the casino, and they set me up with this great room."
- "Well, look at you! It's so rare I get a volunteer. Yes, let's head to my special room. Follow me, we'll talk there. "
- "Blowing shit up, of course. Thing is, they don't need things to blow up, they need people to die in a fairly large area in a fairly small timeframe."
Clanden appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
The Gomorrah prostitute may be found alive, standing inside the locked room. This appears to be the case especially if the player character has picked the lock to the room instead of opening it with Clanden's looted key. She will greet the Courier, utter random phrases, and even wander out into the hallway. Attempting to speak with the "corpse" will still prompt for the Medical skill check. She will still respawn even after being completely dismembered. [verified]
- The Courier: "What kind of specialist is Clanden?"
Cachino: "I got no fucking idea. They let him have the run of the place though. He seems like a nice guy, but he makes nervous. He's a little arrogant, but he's too nice. Too open, I've never seen him fucking or gambling. Everyone has a vice, but this guy seems like the Pope."
- The Courier: "What do you need the bombs for?"
Clanden: "Blowing shit up, of course. Thing is, they don't need things to blow up, they need people to die in a fairly large area in a fairly small timeframe. There are other ways to kill people with bombs aside from explosions, if you know what I mean."