| ||For the miscellaneous item in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, see Cherry bomb.|
This pre-War beauty transcends the category of sports cars and even super cars. The Cherry Bomb is a single-seat, commercial-grade vehicle whose design is dictated by one desire: To break the sound barrier. Although street-legal versions would doubtlessly limit the maximum speed achieved, every aspect of the car is tuned towards that goal: A body designed to minimize air resistance without losing traction, sleek, aerodynamic surfaces, and a sleek, futuristic cockpit with a status display and a single joystick for steering.
The Cherry Bomb is a relatively common sight in affluent regions on the Eastern seaboard: 216 in the Commonwealth, 27 on Mount Desert Island, and five in the ruins of Nuka-World (one of them a perfectly preserved car in Bradberton's private vault). In impoverished areas such as Appalachia, the Cherry Bomb was much less common: Only 43 can be found in the riot-wracked region, with another 16 wrecks scattered around tourist spots.
- One can be found in pre-War Sanctuary Hills during the quest War Never Changes.
- One can be found behind the church in Salem.
- One can be found at Gibson Point pier.
- One can be found parked at the Cambridge church.
- One can be found at the Fort Hagen filling station.
- Near Medford Memorial Hospital.
- One can be found at Sullivan's diner smashed into the sidewall near The Castle.
- Cliff's Edge Hotel. One can be found at
- Waves Crest Orphanage. One can be found at
- Bradberton's office. One can be found in
- Several derelict Cherry Bombs can be found around The Whitespring Resort in either red, blue, or beige.
- The race car bed purchasable from the Atomic Shop is based on the Cherry Bomb vehicle.
- Several pristine Cherry Bombs can be found in the Watoga Underground.
- Two derelict Cherry Bombs can be found in the parking ramp of Wade Airport.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The vehicle is stated to be capable of attaining a road speed of higher than 767 mph (1,234 km/h), though there is little doubt that the actually sold vehicles would be fitted with a speed governor, as such speeds would be incredibly dangerous if reached on regular roads.
- The steering is similar to the Firebird 3, a concept car created in 1959. It also somewhat resembles the Firebird 3 with its low, lean design and smooth, aerodynamic shapes.
- In Forza Motorsport 6, this car is called "Chryslus Rocket 69" and is drivable to those who played either Forza Motorsport 6 or Fallout 4 during the first quarter of 2016. For more information, see the Chryslus Rocket 69's Forza Motorsport Wiki article.
- ↑ Manufacturer mentioned in the Forza Motorsport 6 cross-promotion.
- ↑ Name present on billboards.
- ↑ Cherry Bomb appearance and promotional billboards.
- ↑ References to SportsCar01_Static (and 02, 03, 04 variants) in Commonwealth worldspaces: 97 + 32 + 56 + 31
- ↑ References to SportsCar01_Static (and 02, 03, 04 variants) in Island worldspaces: 14 + 7 + 6
- ↑ References to SportsCar01_Static (and 02, 03, 04 variants) in Nuka-World worldspaces: 1 + 2 + 1; Bradberton's uses a separate entity.
- ↑ References to SportsCar01_Static (and 02, 03, 04 variants) in Appalachia worldspaces: 28 + 6 + 8 + 11; Bradberton's uses a separate entity.
- ↑ References to SportsCar_Postwar_Cheap01-04 in Appalachia worldspace.