| ||For the easily-angered girl living in the squat above Vault 15 in Fallout 2, see Christina Royce.|
Although Christine's past remains largely unexplained, aspects of it are revealed throughout the course of Dead Money. For example, it is known she was once a Knight in a California chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel (and as such is competent with most forms of weaponry). It is heavily suggested that she and Veronica Santangelo had a romantic entanglement, and Elijah's intervention ended it.
When Elijah abandoned the Brotherhood after the disastrous Operation: Sunburst, he left a trail of crimes across the wasteland. Word eventually reached Christine's chapter, and she was among those dispatched to find him and bring him to justice. She eventually tracked Elijah down to the Big Empty, where he managed to gain the upper hand and trap her, imposing cybernetic modifications upon her brain and causing baldness and facial scarring. After a time, she was rescued by a courier who wore the flag of the Old World on his back. This courier said he knew Elijah, and encouraged her to continue her pursuit. The courier sympathized with her, and told her that he "knew what it was like to track someone who had such an... impact on your past life".
Christine tracked Elijah to the Sierra Madre Casino, where she was captured by his slave Dog and forced to work for him in breaking into the Sierra Madre with an explosive collar. At some point, she was also locked in an Auto-Doc in the Villa's Medical District by Dean Domino, where her vocal cords were torn out. She later regains use of her voice when the operation is completed by the Auto-Doc in Vera Keyes' hotel room, where it is revealed that her capture was part of Domino's plan to break into the Sierra Madre Casino Vault, as the elevator could only be activated by the voice of the long-dead Keyes.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the Signal Interference perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
When the player travels with Christine, she will be able to block out radio signals that interfere with the collar's exploding mechanism for a short time. She will also increase the amount of time taken for the collar to detonate.
- If Christine completes her mission, she "finds new purpose as the Sierra Madre's warden. She watches over it silently - by choice. Over time, the Ghost People come to see her as one of the Holograms. They watch, silently, as she walks among them. At times, Christine thinks of the Courier, who had kept Elijah's hand from her throat. The Courier had reminded her of the other courier she had met in the Big Empty, and wonders if the two had found each other at last. She does not think of them again until she hears the legends of the Divide. The Divide, where the two messengers, the two couriers, fight beneath an ancient flag, at the edge of the world."
- If Christine is scarred by her hunt for Elijah and unable to let him go, she perishes in the Sierra Madre Casino. She never completes her mission, nor does she stop to consider what had made her accept the mission in the first place. Obsession is another form of greed, a lesson that Christine never learned.
- Although Christine is set to level as the player does, and thus will only ever reach level 35 (as of this article), her maximum allowed level is 50.
- Christine's only tagged weapons skills are Energy Weapons and Melee Weapons, despite her claims that she is also skilled with Explosives, Guns, and Unarmed weapons.
- As a result of her imprisonment in the Auto-Doc, Christine has developed claustrophobia.
- The Assassin suit originally belonged to her, being indicated by the game files.
- Xbox 360 It is possible to initiate the first conversation with Christine without opening the auto-doc. You may open it afterward, but your character will be stuck in place and you will need to load a previous saved game to continue. Using 3rd person view, you are able to peek into the auto-doc and initiate dialog with Christine before opening the door. Once the door is finally opened, the bug occurs.
- Xbox 360 Equipping her with a Pre-War Hat can cause the game to freeze.