|For a cross-game overview, see Chinese pistol.|
The Chinese pistol is a recoil operated, locked breech semi-automatic pistol. The bolt and barrel are locked by a vertically tilting locking piece with two lugs locking into recesses beneath the bolt. It features an adjustable sight for up to 1,000 yards, though it's mostly a cosmetic feature, as the ammunition it is made for stops being accurate at less than a quarter of that distance. Unlike most modern pistols, the Chinese pistol is loaded from a stripper clip into a fixed, non-removable box magazine. However, it enjoyed renewed popularity and widespread deployment as the standard sidearm of the People's Liberation Army during the Sino-American War.
While the Chinese pistol is not very useful as a weapon, they are relatively lightweight and can be collected, repaired, and sold to provide an early source of caps, or simply saved to repair the Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol.
The Chinese pistol can fire a total of about 1250 rounds, the equivalent of 125 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol - While the Zhu-Rong does the same base amount of damage, it is unique due to the fact that it fires incendiary rounds, which deal fire damage over time.
- Operation Anchorage simulation. It has a unique clean appearance and an extremely high durability. Within the simulation, Chinese pistols are carried by Crimson Dragoons guarding the listening post, however they are never seen using them in combat. Chinese pistol - A Chinese pistol found only in the
- Chinese Dragoon pistol - A cut variant of the weapon, apparently intended for use in the normal game after completion of the simulation. It has identical stats to the standard version, but has the same appearance as the simulation version of the weapon. It is not used anywhere within the add-on and can only be acquired through the use of console commands.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol||4||20||+2/5s||4.5||x2||4||17||0.8||1.0||10||1667||2||290||145|
- Republic of Dave - One can be found in the Museum of Dave, though it must be stolen.
- Ahzrukhal, Alejandra Torres, Flak, Jabsco, Rosie, Sister, and Zimmer all carry the Chinese pistol.
- Raiders throughout the wasteland often carry them, but less commonly at higher levels.
- Traders usually have one or two Chinese pistols in their inventory, those includes vendors that may not specialized in selling weapons.
- They are sometimes found in locked safes.
- Regulators sometimes carry one.
- Cryo lab - One can be found in a storage room here, on a table surrounded by other wasteland objects.
Behind the scenes
- The Chinese pistol is based upon the Shanxi Type-17, first produced in 1929 by the Taiyuan Arsenal for the army of Yan Xishan, based on the Mauser C96 pistol.
- The weapon's manufacturing label, printed in traditional Chinese characters, can be seen in the texture file. They are inscribed "一七式" (One-Seven) on the left hand side of the pistol, while the right side is marked "民國十八年晉造" (Republic Year Eighteen, Made in Shanxi). The serial number, 1861 is also stamped on the weapon.
- The weapon model has no firing pin.
- Weapon appearance and behavior.
- Fallout 3 events.