| ||For an overview of Chinese officer's swords, see Chinese officer's sword.|
A grimy Chinese straight sword with a leather and bronze hilt. It was wielded by Chinese officers before the Great War.
The Chinese officer sword has a medium swing speed and weighs 3 pounds. It is useful for dealing with melee enemies with heavier weapons and can be extremely effective when used by a high strength player character. The weapon can be modified with either a serrated blade (causing bleeding damage), an electrified blade (causing energy damage), or both.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Serrated blade||Targets bleed. Exceptional damage.||Serrated|| +12|
+2/sec for 5 sec
|–||+25||Blacksmith 2||Adhesive x3|
|Electrified blade||Adds Electrical damage.||Electrified||+15 Energy||–||+50||Blacksmith 2|
|Electrified serrated blade||Adds Electrical damage. Targets bleed. Exceptional damage.||Electrified serrated|| +12|
+2/sec for 5 sec
- General Chao's Revenge, which is sold by Trudy at Drumlin Diner. It has a serrated blade and does +50% damage to robots.
- Zao's sword, a non-legendary variant, earned as a reward from Here There Be Monsters if successful in three persuasion checks demanding payment. The sword has no effect or mod attached to it when getting it from Zao.
- Sword of Wonders, given to the Sole Survivor by Oswald the Outrageous, or alternatively can be looted from his corpse.
- It is dropped by Swanson, the watcher of Covenant.
- One can be found on a dresser in an officer's bedroom on the Yangtze.
- Arturo Rodriguez has a chance of selling this weapon in Diamond City.
- A random melee weapon can be found in the hand of a skeleton inside the body of a sea creature on the beach west of the Wreck of the FMS Northern Star. This has a chance to spawn a Chinese officer sword.
- It is a rare drop from raiders.
- Vault 118. One can be found in a display case in the museum room of
- Bradberton. One can be found in a small residential building southwest of
Behind the scenesEdit
The sword found in Bradberton is a reference to the Dark Souls series, as lighting the bonfire will cause several stimpaks to fall. Once the sword is drawn, some more stimpaks will appear around the bonfire (if one hasn't lit the bonfire before pulling the sword, a small fire will appear where the sword was inserted).