|For an overview of Chinese officer's swords, see Chinese officer's sword.|
A People's Liberation Army officer's dress sword, these weapons are remnants from the United States' war with China, an event that triggered the Great War. They were most likely brought back by American soldiers fighting in various campaigns as war trophies or were smuggled in by Chinese infiltrators and saboteurs throughout the United States.
With its high durability and fast attack speed, the Chinese officer's sword is an excellent weapon outside of V.A.T.S., whereas swings in V.A.T.S. use 28 AP.
The Chinese officer's sword can successfully strike about 1000 times from full condition before breaking.
- Vampire's Edge - The weakest of the Chinese officer's sword's unique variants, Vampire's Edge weighs only one pound, and is the only variant to use the regular sword's skin.
- Clover's Chinese officer's sword - A unique, non-playable version used by Clover with identical stats to the regular version.
- Jingwei's shocksword - An electrified version of the Chinese officer's sword, the shocksword is much stronger and deals electrical damage over time.
- Sim version - A version of the weapon which appears only within the Anchorage simulation. Unlike other sim-specific weapons, this version has a higher base and critical damage than its normal counterpart and also causes disintegration for non-player characters killed by a critical hit similar to Jingwei's shocksword. This weapon is only carried by non-player characters within the Anchorage simulation and cannot be obtained through normal means.
- Samurai's sword - An ancient weapon from Japan that deals an extra helping of damage on critical hits.
- Clover's Cleaver - A Chinese officer's sword that was cut from the base game. It was intended to be used by Clover and was to be the Evil follower's unique weapon, much like Fawkes' super sledge and Butch's Toothpick were for the other Karma levels.
- Katana - A variant of the samurai's sword that deals much less critical damage, but knocks foes down with critical hits.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Chinese officer's sword||10||23.1||2.31||x2||15||28||0.7||1000||3||75||25|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Megaton, in Jericho's house, stabbed into a teddy bear.
- Republic of Dave, in the Museum of Dave, most likely a relic from Dave's traveling days.
- On a dead Chinese commando, located at the origin point of the Chinese radio beacon, as a result of a random encounter.
- The Chinese captain at Mama Dolce's is another holder of this sword.
- Can be found on several insane inhabitants of Vault 106 who all use melee weapons.
- Raiders all throughout the game may carry them, and they will appear more often when the player character is at a higher level.
- There's one in Abraham Washington's museum in Rivet City, behind a rubble pile near some lockers.
- Crimson at Paradise Falls carries one.
- There's one in the weapons lab in the Mothership Zeta add-on.
- Clover's variant of a Chinese officer's sword has a base ID of 0006415D. It has unlimited durability and stats identical to the standard one. (Not to be confused with Clover's Cleaver.)
- When running in the third person with this sword out, the game uses the same running animation from Oblivion, one of Bethesda Softworks' other titles.
- When using a Stealth Boy or Chinese stealth armor, the sword's bloodstains will still be visible.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, an enlarged unusable version of the Chinese officer's sword can be seen behind elder McNamara's desk. It is part of a large Brotherhood of Steel symbol which consists of a sword offset from two interlocking gears.
Behind the scenes
- Its design is that of a traditional Chinese straight sword.
- This weapon is in the files of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.