The basic People's Liberation Army uniform is a single piece jumpsuit, whose design is based on the Mao Suit. It has four large front pockets, arranged symmetrically, the Chinese flag over the upper right pocket, and is typically worn together with a large leather belt, sash, and a commando hat.
Each jumpsuit seen in America carries the insignia of the Chinese 127th Iron Division on the right sleeve and has two red stars on the collar.
The Chinese jumpsuit is worn by Chinese commandos when the failsafe terminal is activated during the Tranquility Lane quest. It can not be looted from their bodies, as they will merely be rendered unconscious when "killed."
Dirty Chinese jumpsuit
Chinese commando hat
Also called the "Ushanka" in Russian, this hat provides the wearer with phenomenal cheek and ear protection and is often made from animal furs and hides (such as rabbit or sheep). Can be found in:
- Taft Tunnels under Jefferson Memorial, near the Very Hard locked terminal that Doctor Li hacks. It is in the room with all the generators that Enclave soldiers spawn from. The location can be reached via a secret manhole in front of the Citadel after The Waters of Life.
- Inside the drainage chamber near broadcast tower KT8. It lies on the floor next to two long-dead Chinese remnant spies.
- In the Operation: Anchorage add-on, one is located on the sandbag wall encountered on the way to the Chinese Forward Base Delta. It is just before one sees the American soldier executing Chinese soldiers. It has unlimited durability.
- In the cryo lab in the Mothership Zeta add-on, it is in the southwestern most corner room behind a door that must be activated with a switch. The hat is on a table on the right when entering the room.
- Engineering core of Mothership Zeta, next to an ammunition box in a northeast hallway leading to a teleportation matrix to the Bridge.
Behind the scenes
It is a modified Zhongshan suit (named after Sun Yat-Sen, founder of the Chinese Nationalist Party). Mao Zedong has always been associated with this suit in the Western press and thus it was incorrectly named after him as the Mao suit in the English language.