|For an overview of assault rifle models, see assault rifle.|
The Type 93 Chinese assault rifle was designed and manufactured by a Chinese industrial conglomerate for the People's Liberation Army during the Resource Wars, for the purpose of equipping the Chinese infiltrators and American fifth-columnists. To this end, it was chambered for the abundant 5.56mm round and utilizes a 24-round magazine. Thousands of these weapons were smuggled into the US for use by Chinese operatives and sympathizers on the East Coast, and many remain functional even two hundred years after the Great War. These rifles are also proven to be ready for manufacturing in post-War conditions.
The Type 93 Chinese assault rifle is a second-tier, general-purpose, automatic firearm. Chambered for 5.56mm ammunition, it is the most powerful of the generic assault rifles in base damage and DPS. With a weapon spread of 1.5, it is a somewhat inaccurate weapon. It is the third least durable 5.56mm weapon. Regardless, it remains a formidable automatic weapon for any Small Guns character for the entire game.
In the add-on Operation: Anchorage, certain weapons were re-skinned to make them look like actual pre-War weapons. The Chinese assault rifle is among the small group that was chosen for use in the add-on. The Lone Wanderer can use it during the first part of the add-on.
The new looks include brown-colored hand and foregrips, and the outer bluing is a darker black with fewer scratches than the post-War version. The stats and names are exactly the same, but the durability (as with every in-simulation item) is infinite, making the weapon (almost) impervious to damage and frequent use.
The Chinese assault rifle can fire a total of about 1,212 rounds, the equivalent of 51 reloads, from full condition, before breaking.
- Xuanlong assault rifle - Available by completing the unmarked quest Jiggs' Loot. It has a 36 round magazine and the highest damage of any automatic small gun.
- Jericho's Chinese assault rifle - A variant used by Jericho.
- Sim version - a sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health (essentially non-degrading). It also has a barely noticeable winterized color scheme on the stock and foregrip, and a much cleaner finish on the receiver and barrel.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- High damage - An additional variant with 1000 damage can also be found in Operation: Anchorage, used in the
DLC02TrenchClimberTrig02SCRIPTand cannot be obtained under normal circumstances.
- Dragoon - a variant named Chinese Dragoon assault rifle can be found in the data files for Operation: Anchorage. It uses the Anchorage-specific texture for the weapon, but aside from name and appearance, it is identical to the standard Chinese assault rifle. It is likely the weapon was intended to be placed in the armory with other "wasteland" versions of weapons found in the Anchorage sim, most of which were cut from the final version of the add-on; as such, the weapon can only be accessed through the use of console commands.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Chinese assault rifle||11||88||8||x0.13||10||3||23||1.4||1.5||24||1212||7||500||71.4|
|Xuanlong assault rifle||12||96||8||x0.13||12||3||23||1.6||1.5||36||1111||7||400||57.1|
- Lucas Simms carries one.
- Three can be found in the Megaton armory; must be stolen.
- Alejandra Torres, Bill Seward and Hannibal Hamlin all carry the Chinese assault rifle after siding with the slaves in the quest Head of State.
- Talon Company mercs and Regulators will begin to carry these at medium levels.
- Four Chinese assault rifles can be found near dead Talon Company mercs in Metro Central along with another laying next to a skeleton in the men's restroom near the Pennsylvania Avenue exit.
- Almost every Chinese remnant soldier in Mama Dolce's carries one.
- Super mutant masters often use this weapon.
- Two are sold at Flak 'N Shrapnel's, early in the game, that does not restock. At higher levels, they are stocked regularly.
- One can be found in Hallowed Moors Cemetery, north of Big Town.
- Three can be found in the Citadel armory. The Citadel must be destroyed during Who Dares Wins in order to access the armory.
- Five can be found in the Mason District, surrounded by super mutants.
- Three of them on a cart in the center of the open plaza at the north end. (Not the cart cages)
- The other two on the second floor of a destroyed building to the southeast.
- Paradise Falls slavers can sometimes carry a large number of these guns.
- Three may be found in the Republic of Dave. One on Dave, one on Bob, and another in the Museum of Dave. Taking them is considered stealing.
- There is one on a shelf in Bryan Wilks' house in Grayditch and one in Fred Wilks' inventory.
- Donovan, Centre Dubois, Forty, Pronto, Roy Phillips, Harkness and Scribe Yearling all carry a Chinese assault rifle. All must be stolen.
- One is in the Taft Tunnel right next to a Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual and a Chinese jumpsuit.
- Two can be found in the Arlington sewer near the Talon Company recon camp protected by raiders.
- abandoned apartments in the Pitt. There are some in the
- Old Olney underground. Several can be found in
- Chinese Intelligence bunker. Seven in poor or medium condition can be obtained at the
- smugglers. Occasionally carried by
- Despite having a folding metal stock in-game, the Pip-Boy icon shows the Chinese assault rifle with a solid stock.
- Although not a functional weapon in Fallout: New Vegas, the Chinese assault rifle makes a brief appearance in the game. During the quest How Little We Know, the Courier can cause a stockpile of weapons to be destroyed using thermite. Afterward, if examined closely, the barrel and the iron sight of a Chinese assault rifle can be seen extending from one of the resulting piles of debris.
- A weapon of similar nature was planned for Fallout 4, but was cut before release.
- Likewise, a version was meant to appear in Fallout 76, but only exists as texture files.
- In close quarters conditions, the rifle can clip targets or level geometry. This causes all shots to miss the target or be absorbed by geometry, even when the muzzle protrudes beyond the obstruction. [verified]
- Removal from inventory, or storage in a gun cabinet such as can be found in Outcast Outpost, can mysteriously and significantly degrade the condition of the rifle. Similar degradation can occur by manipulating the rifle with the grab tool.
- Texture, left side denotes T-93