Fallout 3 locations project
Chevy Chase is a section of Washington, D.C., located in the north part of the city.
This area is most notable for being the area shortly before a battle with one of the five super mutant behemoths. Players will generally emerge at Friendship Station or Metro Junction. There is generally a series of fights with Mutants and Centaurs, all the way into the ruins of a building south. The ruins have a small doorway at the far south end which open up on to the GNR Building Plaza and trigger the behemoth battle.
- In Chevy Chase East there is a Grognak the Barbarian in the main part of the Metro on the east wall.
- Walking towards GNR Building Plaza, you will trigger a battle between super mutants and Lyons' Pride trying to protect Galaxy News Radio. However, if you have already found James, or have been to Project Purity or Rivet City, Lyons Pride as well as the Fat Man doesn't show up at all, which makes the fight with the Behemoth much more challenging. The Behemoth also arrives as soon as all the other super mutants are dead if the Pride isn't there.
- Getting to Galaxy News Radio is part of the Following in His Footsteps main quest.
- If you have Broken Steel installed, in Chevy Chase East next to the subway there is a large crate inside a bus shelter full of barrels of aqua pura guarded by a super mutant overlord.
Chevy Chase only appears in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- Just outside the downstairs to Tenleytown/Friendship Station, there's a small square with a monument that is a reference to Interplay (the original publishers of Fallout 1 and 2). The bronze Earth with a circling rocket appeared prominently when launching Fallout 1 and 2. It was originally the logo for GNN before Interplay adopted it as their official logo.
- Chevy Chase, Washington, D.C. is a real-life neighborhood in Washington, DC.