|For the Fallout 4 vehicle, see Cherry Bomb (Fallout 4).|
- This item is used in the construction of the Bottlecap mine
- "Miscellaneous" vendors like Crazy Wolfgang, Knick Knack, Karl, Moira, and Seagrave Holmes sell them occasionally.
- There are 13 cherry bombs scattered throughout the Roosevelt Academy building proper:
- Three are next to a toilet on the ground floor men's room.
- Two are on the floor next to a cabinet in the headmaster's office.
- Three are next to a toilet on the second floor men's room.
- Three more are found on the second floor women's room.
- Two are found in a crate next to the radio on the top floor room with several broken terminals.
- Nine are in Warrington station. Five are on a shelf in Roy Phillips' sleeping quarters, and four more are in a closet downstairs from there, in a crate on a shelf. All nine must be stolen.
- Eight are in L.O.B. Enterprises, in the archive level, the men's toilet is stuffed with five cherry bombs. Three more are found in the main area, near the center of the map. They are beside a terminal upstairs, next to the collapsed floor ramp.
- Five are in Minefield, with two found next to Arkansas' bed, two next to a bed in the Gibson house and one more underneath a bunk bed in the Benson house.
- Five are in Tenleytown/Friendship station, three on a bookshelf in the Metro employee area near the Friendship Heights exit, and two more on a metal shelf near the Farragut West station exit.
- Five are in Jury Street Metro station, three on a picnic table near the raider beds, two more on a table on the opposite side of the wall facing the Jury St. tunnels exit in the center of the map.
- There are four at Lucky's, south-southwest from Warrington station. They are located on one of the side shelves and must be stolen.
- A bucket with four cherry bombs inside can be found on a metal shelf, in the maintenance room toward the south end of the dry sewer.
- Four in Vault 92, with three on a shelf in the south area living quarters, in a room with a computer terminal, and one on a shelf in the easternmost room of the sound testing section.
- Three in a box at the abandoned car fort, near a skill book.
- Three are found on a chessboard in the CO quarters at Fort Constantine.
- Two can be stolen from Pinkerton's lab in the broken bow, along with most other crafting components.
- Olney Powerworks area, with two in the Old Olney underground, in a large pot in the kitchen area next to the Olney sewers exit, and two in the utility section nearby one of the workbenches. Three more are in Olney Powerworks itself. They are on a pot on a bookshelf nearby the stairs in the southeast area. Seven are in the
- Blackhall Manor, three on the floor at the top of the staircase with the building blocks, and two more in the baby crib just around the corner. Five are in
- Point Lookout Lighthouse, two in the baby crib beneath the stairs, and two more on the floor nearby. Four are in the interior of the
- Mothership Zeta, including two in the cryo lab, on a shelf beneath the cryo pods in the middle of the map, and one in the engineering core, on a crate in the northeast corner of the main hub. Three are found in
- Cherry bombs cannot be used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition.
- A question in the G.O.A.T. mentions using cherry bombs to blow open a locked door. However, this cannot be done in-game.