|For the NCR Ranger cut from the game, see Chauncey (NCR Rangers).|
Chauncey is a White Glove who objects to Mortimer's cannibalistic ways. He wants to stop Mortimer from returning to feeding on humans. Chauncey was complicit in recent Strip kidnappings and has intimate knowledge of the group's transgressions. Recently he has fallen out of favor with Mortimer and subsequently, an assassin was hired to kill him after a meeting with the Courier in the pool area steam room at 4 PM.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
Beyond the Beef: After finding the matchbook on the detective the player will find Chauncey in the steam room waiting. After the meeting, the assassin Mortimer hired to assassinate Chauncey will come in and kill him with a silenced .22 pistol.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- Chauncey is the only White Glove Society underling seen without a mask. When asked, he will tell the Courier that he must have forgotten to put it on.
- It is impossible to save Chauncey, as his death is scripted. As soon as his's meeting ends, the steam room door opens. Quickly closing it causes the initial attack from the assassin to fail, but after a few seconds, the assassin will simply shoot him through the door. The Courier cannot stop the assassination, even by standing directly in front of Chauncey when the round is fired. Even attacking and killing the assassin before this second attempt will simply result in Chauncey dropping dead.
- It is impossible to advance in Beyond the Beef while avoiding Chauncey's assassination.
- "Yes. The White Glove Society strictly forbids eating humans. But we weren't always the White Glove Society."
- "Those are all members of the White Glove Society. Our founder, Marjorie, gave us all a dress code. There's only one rule to it. In her words, we must dress in such a way that no one can be said to have dressed better than us."
- "I don't know exactly. I wasn't in on it. I think some of them have stopped trusting me. But you can bet they're keeping him near the Gourmand. Our chef, Philippe, has an obsession with fresh ingredients."
Chauncey appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Targeting Chauncey during the quest "Beyond the Beef" can cause a crash on PC. And he can die in the pool of the hotel. [verified]
- Sometimes just talking to Chauncey in the steam room during the quest "Beyond the Beef" can cause a crash on PC, it might happen because you have companions following you in the same room or because you looked or talked to him before 4 pm. [verified]