The Charleston trainyard is located southeast of the Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06 and is located on the edge of Charleston. There is a wooden control tower next to the railway tracks west of the yard's main building. The trainyard is full of rusted out New Appalachian Railroad rail cars.
The main building contains a large loading bay and a few smaller employee areas that are located along an upper catwalk which runs around the edge of the building. There is a lunch room and several lockers found here. The catwalk also allows access to the "roof" of the building which doubles as a parking lot and connects to the main road. The main trainyard offices can be found on this level. One of the offices contains a locked floor safe (Picklock 1) and a locked terminal (Hacker 1) which controls the safe. The other office contains two desks with a letter of resignation on one of them. There is also a Stealth Boy in this office.
- Bicycle - Note, can be found in an upstairs office, on a desk next to a terminal.
- Letter of resignation - Note, in the upstairs office with the filing cabinets, on the desk immediately in front of the door.
- My dearest Nancy - Note, found on top of a small shipping crate suspended in the northeast corner of the warehouse.
- Charleston train luggage key - On top of the left side of some shelves with a drawer in the office hallways upstairs. Opens steamer trunk on cart in the middle of the warehouse floor, between two flatbed trains with shipping containers on them.
- Random Vault-Tec bobblehead - To the left of the letter of resignation on the same desk.
- Random magazine - In an open locker in the catwalk areas of the lower area, near a terminal.
- Stealth Boy - In the office with the letter of resignation, on a desk in the opposite corner.
- Random weapon mod - On (or below) a table next to the weapons workbench in the lower area.
- Random armor mod - On a table next to the armor workbench in the lower area.
The Charleston trainyard appears only in Fallout 76.