A prominent feature of downtown, having fallen into disrepair in the years since the war. The ground floor is accessible but the elevators are not operational. A series of improvised catwalks and staircases lead to the floors above.
The building serves as the beginning point of the Responders physical exam. The Fire Breathers physical exam terminal can be found on the second floor. It marks the start of the physical exam course and sits next to a fridge, woodpile and cooking station. Several containers of boiled water are stored in the fridge.
The third floor contains the offices of reporters Quinn Carter and William Breyer. Carter's office contains three holotapes and a locked wall safe (Picklock 2). Breyer’s office door is locked (Picklock 0) and inside is a typewriter in a cardboard box and a locked wall safe (Picklock 1). An emergency exit on this floor leads outside where there’s a skeleton sitting on a deck chair. A laser tripwire here is rigged to explode when triggered.
The fourth floor houses editor Overbey’s office. A holotape and a pamphlet sit on the editor’s desk beside a terminal. An emergency exit on this floor leads to a balcony with a makeshift wooden bridge connected to the building next door. The stairs to the next floor are blocked by a destroyed ceiling.
- Speaker Poole interview - Holotape, on the desk in C. Quinn's office.
- Sam Blackwell Interview, Pt. One - Holotape, in a broken cardboard box on the floor of C. Quinn's office.
- Sam Blackwell Interview, Pt. Two - Holotape, with the part one holotape in the same box.
- AMS: Corporate Bully - Note, on a large table with a coffee pot and coffee mugs outside of Overbey's office.
- Carter and Blackwell - Traitors! - Note, in editor Overbey's office.
- Charleston Herald Exclusive: The Motherlode - Holotape, in editor Overbey's office.
- Course instructions - Holotape, on the second floor of the building, on a lip on the left side of the Fire Breathers' physical exam terminal.
- Sam Blackwell interview notes - Note, in Quinn's office, inside of a small box on top of an orange filing cabinet.
- The Herald supports Quinn Carter - Note, found inside the building, on the second floor, on a semi-circular desk, to the right of a broken terminal.
- Package for Quinn Carter - Folder, on a desk in the editor's office. It contains the notes Vigilant citizen's note to Carter and weigh station logs.
- Potential weapon plan - On a cabinet next to the picture frame in the back corner of Overbey's office.
The Charleston Herald building appears in Fallout 76.