|For the junk item, see Charleston Herald (item).|
For the location, see Charleston Herald building.
The Charleston Herald was a newspaper published across Appalachia before the Great War. Reporting on both the news-breaking and mundane stories across Appalachia, the Herald was determined to report the truth and only the truth, never betraying their sources, though this goal would be called into question after Quinn Carter's interview. One of its reporters, Quinn Carter, conducted an interview with the controversial politician Sam Blackwell shortly before the Great War, leading to a boycott of the paper.
Carter was also approached by an anonymous member of the public with information about Grafton Steel illegally dumping waste into local rivers. The newspaper was also responsible for Allegheny Asylum being shut down after Eleanor Tarquin spent a month inside in an attempt to expose the facility's corrupt and near-barbaric practices, though the published article was different than the draft, due to Watogan shaming. After the Great War, Quinn Carter continued to seek out the facts of various matters concerning local matters.
- Overbey - editor.
- William Breyer - reporter, shot by Hornwright Industrial security staff while reporting on the Motherlode project.
- Quinn Carter - reporter, controversially interviewed Sam Blackwell and continued activities after the Great War.
- Luke Hogan - reporter, covered the Ultra-Luxe shootout and the death of Antonio Childs.
- Norman Pennywise - reporter, covered the death of "Shanghai Sally," an alleged Chinese spy.
- Page Rockwell - reporter, covered the death of Alicia Shay, a union leader and frequent Herald collaborator.
- Eleanor Tarquin - reporter, exposed unethical practices at Allegheny Asylum in an article called "A Month of Madness."
- AMS: Corporate Bully
- Assassin Strikes Again
- Blowout Sale - Secret Crypt Doors!
- Giant Teapot advertisement
- Grafton Dam editorial
- Man vs. Machine
- Hornwright Wins!
- On Eleanor Tarquin's "A Month of Madness"
- Sam Blackwell: "No" on Measure 6
- The Sam Blackwell Interview
- Tolling the Tale of the Bells!
- We Support Quinn Carter
- Wastelanders update additions
- Five Slain in Mob Shootout at the Ultra-Luxe
- Shanghai Sally's Reign of Terror Ends
- Local Woman Commits "Suicide," Neighborhood in Mourning
- Man's Skull Fractured in Robbery Near Harpers Ferry Trainyard
- The Rusty Pick Reopens!
- Tragedy Hits Hornwright
- Charleston Herald building terminal entries; Sam Blackwell Article
- CARTER AND BLACKWELL - TRAITORS!
- Herald Editorial on Allegheny Asylum
- Draft of Allegheny Asylum article
- Speaker Poole interview
- Shanghai Sally: Casino Shootout
- Suspicious death at Harpers Ferry
- Shanghai Sally: Chapter Closed
- Suspicious death of Alicia Shay
- Herald editorial on Allegheny Asylum