This location was the former headquarters of the pre-War Charleston Fire Department and later used as the headquarters for the Fire Breathers division of the Responders. Members of the Responders can sign up to join the Fire Breathers here.
The Charleston Fire Department is a two-story L-shaped building located on the edge of the Ash Heap region. Signage indicates that it is a Responders trading post and it is staffed by red protectrons sporting the Charleston F.D. logo. An Overseer's cache sits in front of the reception desk at the main entrance.
Behind the reception area is a classroom where the Fire Breathers Knowledge Exam and registration is conducted. There are several notes throughout the building which can help prospective recruits ace their exam. A corridor near reception leads to the garage which contains several firetrucks and a workshop area with an armor workbench and weapons workbench. There are some weapons and an ammo box behind a locked security gate (Picklock 1) which is also controlled by a terminal (Hacker 1).
Vendor bot Mack and the main trading post is located on the second floor. There is also an office here which contains a knowledge exam cheat sheet with all the answers to the Knowledge Exam as well as the Fire Breathers master terminal. There is also a locked floor safe in this office (Picklock 1).
The rooftop can be accessed via a set of stairs on the second floor. It contains a makeshift lookout which has a clear view of the road to the south.
- Anti-Scorched tactics - Note, on the large metal desk in the classroom area.
- Asphyxiation and you! - Note, on a small desk in the classroom area.
- Charleston Herald - Man vs. Machine - Note, located on a central desk in the office on the second floor with the master terminal.
- Knowledge exam cheat sheet - Note, on the second floor, next to the master terminal.
- Fire Breathers' first aid guide - A note in an open locker next to some gas cylinders in the garage area.
- Madigan scouting report - Garrahan - Holotape, on the second floor, in the office next to the master terminal and the cheat sheet.
- Mine signaling quick reference - Note, located in an open locker in the weight room on the first floor.
- Overseer's log - Firehouse - Located in the overseer's cache in the front lobby area.
- Approximately 80 pieces of lead can be acquired from the weight room, once the various weights and barbells are scrapped.
- Fire Breather's schematics code: Rifles - On the Fire Breathers master terminal. Unlocks rifle schematics.
- Fire Breather's schematics code: Shotguns - On the Fire Breathers master terminal. Unlocks shotgun schematics.
- Fire Breather's schematics code: Support - On the Fire Breathers master terminal. Unlocks support schematics.
- Stealth Boy - On the roof at the northwest wooden lookout tower, to the right of a wooden crate.
- Plan: Vault 76 jumpsuit - Located on a shelf on the second floor.
- Random armor plan - Behind the security gate on the first floor, on a metal shelf on the first inner row.
- Random mod - Next to the ammo box in the terminal locked cage area.
Charleston Fire Department appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
While the complex in-universe is fictional, the real-life Charleston Fire Department's eight stations are located throughout Charleston, West Virginia.