The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The Charleston Capitol Building survived the Great War intact, as no bombs were dropped directly on Charleston. In the immediate aftermath of the war, surviving members of the West Virginia state government formed the Charleston Emergency Government in the Capitol Building under the leadership of a Provisional Council headed by Speaker of the House Abigale Poole while they waited for instruction from Washington, D.C.. No word from the Federal government ever came. By 2082, the Charleston Emergency Government had formed an alliance with the Responders and attempted to establish peaceful relations with the Brotherhood of Steel, Free States, and even the Raiders. A flood caused by the destruction of Summersville Dam occurred on Christmas Day in 2082, devastating Charleston and presumably wiping out the members of the Charleston Emergency Government.
Charleston Capitol Building is the easternmost location in the ruins of the city of Charleston, the former capital of West Virginia. Mud and debris carried by the floodwaters unleashed by the broken Summersville Dam have buried the central plaza and blocked the building's front entrance. A large bell in the plaza has been marked with the Responders' emblem. There is a weapons workbench in a flooded generator room in the basement.
- Overseer's log - Charleston - In the overseer's cache trunk.
- Christmas plans - In the office of Abigale Poole.
- Official notice - Affixed to the bottom left corner of the placard outside of Senator Blackwell's office.
- Voting advertisement - On a desk in a room full of desks with typewriters. The room will be the first room to the south on the second floor on the west side of the rotunda, where the floor collapses down back to the first floor.
- Carter and Blackwell - traitors! - can be found on a desk next to the crime log terminal and in the governor's office.
- Letter from the president - A paper note on a small white table over the floor safe in the governor's office.
- Hornwright Industrial test note - On the desk of the governor's office, to the left of the terminal.
- Plan: Chemistry workbench - on the cart next to the chemistry station in the Charleston Capitol Courthouse building.
- Server maintinence - In a server room in the basement of the capitol building, sitting on a toppled server with a screwdriver and a box of spings and screws.
- Random weapon plan - In the ruined apartments immediately east of the capitol building, on the kitchen counter of the apartment with the wooden bunkbed on the second floor from the top.
- Interrogation: Doe, Jane - On a tablet next to a mugshot in the police interrogation room inside of the Charleston Capital Courthouse building.
- Vault-Tec bobblehead - In the judge's chambers at the back of the courtroom with the collapsed ceiling.
- Two fusion cores - One in a generator in a room at the western end of the lower level, and the other in a generator in the flooded room at the eastern end of the same floor.
- Key to Holbrooke's stash - In Tanner Holbrook's room on the third floor. The key opens Holbrook's stash in a flooded generator room in the basement.
- Ticket number C42 - Obtained by interacting with the number machines at the front desk of the DMV lobby.
- Ticket number A3 - Obtained by interacting with the number machines at the front desk of the DMV lobby.
- DMV-AT-21C form - Obtained from the DMV application terminal during Recruitment Blues.
- DMV-AT-21C-V form - Obtained during Recruitment Blues.
A special notice can be found hanging in several places in the buildings, but cannot be taken; one is in the rotunda hanging on a pillar.
The Charleston Capitol Building appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Charleston Capital building is architecturally designed on the West Virginia State Capitol, which is the seat of government of the state of West Virginia.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.