The cave consists of a long cave formed mainly by collapsed buildings. It is the only way to Ulysses' Temple. The buried buildings, comprised of a stairwell and two rooms, serve as a transitional area linking the cave to the Boxwood Hotel roof.
Sunflower Summers' diary, for the Nostalgia challenge, is located in a suitcase near Summers' remains, along the northern wall of the first chamber of the cave. An Auto-Doc can be found near the exit to the buried buildings. Inside the buried buildings, a usable bed and a RALPHIE poster are located in the second room.
- Eyebot upgrade circuit board - When facing the entrance of the cave from the clearing, detonate the nuke embedded in the rocks to the east. After the detonation, climb the beam on the ground marked with a blue Old World flag, and the circuit board will be on a destroyed eyebot lying at the end of the beam.
- A copy of D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine - In the second room after entering the door to the buried buildings, between a toppled desk and chair.
- The area contains many tunnelers, including the tunneler queen.
- A swimming pool can be seen upside-down in the ceiling of the cave, near the entrance.
- A few seconds after entering the cave, the screen suddenly becomes much darker.
- Seymour is found near the remains of Summers, in the north corner of the first part of the cave.
Behind the scenes
"Abaddon" is an intensive form of the Hebrew word Abad, meaning "destruction." In the Christian Bible's Book of Revelation, Abaddon is the name of a male angel seen in a vision as a king of an army of locusts.
The Auto-Doc does not remove addictions, although it performs its other functions, even after patch 140525. [verified]