|For an overview of cave fungus, see cave fungus.|
Cave fungi are long and thin orange fungi typically found growing in caves. They are mostly found in the east, and their curative properties are the basis of most tribal medicines. They are difficult to find in the Mojave Wasteland and are mainly used to make Hydra.
In the Honest Hearts add-on, there is an abundance of cave fungi in the caves of Zion Canyon. The fungi that can be harvested glow bright red, and are usually bunched together with fungi that glow green, yellow, blue, or white. Instead of the skewer appearance, these cave fungi appear as several red mushroom caps.
Survival skill effect
|10||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-18 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-21 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-24 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-27 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-30 Starvation|
|60||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-33 Starvation|
|70||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-36 Starvation|
|80||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-39 Starvation|
|90||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-42 Starvation|
|100||+3 Hit Point for 4s||-45 Starvation|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
- Legionaries have a chance of carrying these.
- One can be found on the fourth level (common areas) of Vault 22 in the kitchen/bar.
- There are three located on the picnic table in the first long trailer in the Red Rock drug lab.
- Cave fungi can be found in very large amounts (50+) in most of the caves in the Zion Canyon. The fungi in these caves will regrow over time.
- tunnelers in the Divide. They are often found on
- As of patch 188.8.131.52x, the drop rates of cave fungi from Legionaries have been significantly raised.
- Rather than the skewer icon, cave fungi from Honest Hearts use the "food" package icon.
- Cave fungus, Fiery purgative, and RadAway are the only three consumables that remove radiation.