A radiologically-hardened diving suit, the outfit consists of a copper colored outer metal layer which has green patina and barnacles covering large areas of its surface, and a tan colored under suit. There is a pressure tank mounted on the back and a hose connected to a pressure gauge on the helmet. The suit allows the wearer to breathe underwater and grants immunity to water radiation and disease.
|Name||Editor ID||Form ID|
|Cave diving suit||MQ06_Armor_CaveDivingSuit||005EC39A|
|Cave diving suit|
- Cave diving suit:
- Diver suit:
- Worn by a diver inside the Deep (unobtainable).
- Diver suit can not be obtained in the game.
- Cave diving suit can be obtained only during Supplying Demands quest. If it's not picked up during the quest, it cannot be obtained through any other means. It's considered a quest item during this quest and after the quest is completed, the quest item tag is removed.
- It's not possible to scrap, sell or drop the cave diving suit, but it can be done to the diver suit.
- While cave diving suit provides 1000 radiation resistance, it's not as good as Chinese stealth armor or hazmat suit since it does not provide a hidden 98% damage reduction effect.
- The armor is affected by the Sturdy Frame perk.
- When swimming in a cave diving suit, the suit produces very loud scuba sounds.
- Chameleon mutation counts cave diving suit as an armor, but not diver suit.
- Both armor sets are classified as swimming suit for all Fallout 76 challenges.
- Despite visual similarities with armored diving suits which would force the wearer to sink by countering buoyancy, in a manner not unlike power armor, this suit does not restrict movement and allows the wearer to swim freely.
- The helmet is not sealed in any way and does not connect to the suit, with no visible means of keeping water from entering the helmet.
- The pants of the diving suit do not properly cover the wearer's posterior, and the skin of both cheeks are visibly clipping through the under suit and metal plates. [verified]
- Diver suit once broken cannot be repaired [verified]
- Cave diving suit can be obtained only at level 1. [verified]