| ||For an overview of cattle prod models in the Fallout series of games, see cattle prod.|
Normally used for herding stubborn cattle, it has been re-purposed as a non-lethal weapon against humans. In addition to the taser-like prongs at the tip normally found on cattle prods, it has been outfitted with a thick, electrified metal coil around the striking end, hooked up to a pair of batteries taped down near the handle.
In addition to its damage causing potential, the cattle prod also causes fatigue damage, which can help knock out targets quicker.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Lights Out outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The cattle prod can successfully strike about 2495 times from full condition before breaking.
- Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch - One is located on the second floor on one of the shelves of a locker.
- Crimson Caravan Company - they are occasionally available for purchase.
- Jacobstown - One is outside on the ground on top of a line of rocks near the northwest side of the cattle pen, between the pen and the lodge.
- Matthews Animal Husbandry Farm - In one of the barns, upstairs.
- Mick & Ralph's - can be bought from Mick.
- New Vegas Strip - the NCR Military Police patrolling around carry these.
- NCR Military Police HQ - three can be found on a shelf in the storage room.
- Given to the Courier during the White Glove Society quest, Beyond the Beef, if Carlyle St. Clair III is sacrificed for the banquet.
- Ranger Substation Peregrine in Zion Canyon. One may be found inside a crate in
- Ranger Substation Osprey in Zion Canyon. One may also be found inside a crate in
- Dr. Calis inside the X-13 research facility lower level. One can be found next to the corpse of
- The sound for this weapon's drawing and holstering uses the sound of the Chinese officer's sword.
- Elijah's Ramblings completely negates the critical hit penalty of Heavy Handed.
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Cattle prods can inflict fatigue damage on robots. [verified]