“Well, I have a bomb here that can be put on the vertibird that will detonate at a certain altitude, but it's a little unstable and dangerous”
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Arizona Killer: The Courier will be required to meet with Cato Hostilius between Ranger Station Delta and the cazador nest on top of the mountain. There, he will offer the Courier advice on how to assassinate President Aaron Kimball before resting. Upon waking, he will be dressed in civilian clothing, give the Courier NCR armor as a disguise, and rush over to Hoover Dam in the middle of the crowd awaiting the president's arrival. After the quest is completed, he will disappear from the game.
- Cato will treat the Courier with contempt if they are a woman.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brahmin-skin outfit and Bandana (initially)
Well-heeled gambler suit and hat
- Killing Cato during the quest doesn't give the player character negative reputation with Caesar's Legion, but it will cause them to fail the quest.
- If the player character has an Explosives skill of 50, they can get Cato to give them a vertibird bomb, which they can use to kill Kimball. If they don't have the required Explosives skill, the Courier can pickpocket the bomb off him.
- He has the only well-heeled gambler hat in the game.
- "Rise and shine. You have a big day ahead of you."
- "The President is scheduled to arrive sometime in the afternoon. It's going to be a short visit to boost morale for the NCR troops. He's going to arrive, give a speech, and then leave. No meet and greet, no questions, just a quick in and out. They're probably afraid something is going to happen. For good reason."
- "Well, I have a bomb here that can be put on the vertibird that will detonate at a certain altitude, but it's a little unstable and dangerous."
Cato Hostilius appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.