Caterpillar's Mound is an island due south of the Sorrows camp. It derives its name from the fact the rocks atop it resemble a caterpillar. By looking northwest from the dock at Sorrows Fork Campground, it can be seen directly ahead.
- The rocks at the place where the xander roots are found are shaped like a caterpillar, the reason for the area's name.
- West of the Caterpillar's Mound is a boat on a small island containing two sacks with some low-level loot.
- In the gorge to the northwest of the Caterpillar's Mound is a small encampment and several spore carriers and spore plants. Some low-level loot can be found there.
- Two hollowed-out rocks can be found in the area: one nearby on a slope to the northwest, and one nearby on an outcropping to the southwest.
- The location may not show up as a marker on the compass mini map. [verified]