Background[edit | edit source]
Perhaps the least pleasant slaver in the camp, Red is a stern-faced psychopath who was abused and tortured all through her life. Even her fellow slavers give her a wide berth. Red loves to tell stories about her father, who once cut the legs off a man just to watch and laugh as he attempted to crawl away before crushing his skull with a rock because he was bored. After she tells the story, she pauses and then mentions that, come to think about it, that was "pretty funny," illustrating just how sociopathic and twisted she has become - even for a slaver.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Red immediately shuns the Lone Wanderer (even if they have evil or very evil Karma), just as she shuns most of the other slavers. Almost all of her time is spent by herself, or with Jotun, the only slaver she seems to get along with. No matter which of the speech dialogues the Lone Wanderer chooses when interacting with her, Red will threaten and glower, but will not yield to any amount of begging, cajoling, or threatening - although begging might make her happy.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- She is most likely found around the bar in Paradise Falls.
- She also seems to have a crush on Jotun; it is mentioned during a random conversation with him where she says she "likes a man who knows how to look pretty and stay quiet" and also in another conversation with his father Ymir. Ymir tries to make advances on her and she turns him down in disgust but tells him to send his boy over her way, making her feelings toward both Jotun and Ymir quite clear.
- Carolina Red likes to tease the Lone Wanderer by saying that they are really cute, but she actually says "Aww... look at you! You're such a cute lil' varmint!" This occurs randomly when starting a conversation with her.
- She is one of only nine named characters in the base game to have "Very Evil" Karma.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Come to think of it... that was pretty funny..." – Carolina reminiscing on her father's murders.
- "Ymir, let's be honest -- I'd sooner die than let you anywhere near my bunk. But feel free to send that boy of yours any time."
- "Why, look at what we have here. Some fresh meat, right out of the Wastes! You just wanna go ahead and jump into the pen with the others, or should I beat you senseless and drag you there myself?"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Carolina Red appears only in Fallout 3.
References[edit | edit source]