The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a Garrahan Mining Company mineshaft, now the caves are filled with makeshift buildings alongside contraptions such as automated turrets and a machine-powered shotgun. Such constructs were built by Lou in an attempt to end his life, as he could not bring himself to pull the trigger himself.
Layout[edit | edit source]
It can be found directly under the butterfly on the world map. The mine is accessible by a cave entrance leading to a long narrow tunnel. This abruptly stops at a large metal door locked by a terminal. There is a short tunnel to the right that leads to a dead-end, though the path is cleared during the quest Cheating Death. During the quest, a deep, intricate series of caves and tunnels are revealed, consisting of radscorpions and mole miners.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Lou's log: Cave-in - Note, in the room where Lou is found.
- Lou's log: Chamber - Note, on a desk near the crusher room.
- Lou's log: Engine room - Note, on a desk near the shotgun contraption.
- Lou's log: New plan - Note, on a desk near the shotgun contraption.
- Lou's log: Turret repair - Note, on top of a machine in a side room while walking down the tracks past the engine room.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - On the shelves in the control room near the turret trap and fog crawler.
- About two dozen radscorpion eggs can be found in the deepest part of the mine.
- A respawning super sledge can be found on the back of a fallen dump truck just past the section with the radscorpions and frogs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Carleton Mine is internally referred to as "Carnegie Mine" in the location editor ID.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.