An agent of the Railroad, he appears at whichever settlement becomes the Mercer Safehouse upon completion of the quest. He is very jumpy and appears to have PTSD from the Switchboard incident when the Institute laid siege to the Railroad's former headquarters. Desdemona expresses hope that running Mercer Safehouse along with the Sole Survivor will help him get back on track after the incident.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Concierge: The Caretaker asks the Sole Survivor to find and kill a designated enemy of the Railroad.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- He does not count as a settler and cannot be assigned to tasks.
- He will not become hostile if the player turns hostile to the Railroad.
- If the Railroad is destroyed, he'll vanish from the Mercer Safehouse and later can be found in a random encounter, where he's about to be executed by a raider. He won't be hostile to the player if he's saved, and will speak his usual lines instead.
The Caretaker appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Though he is assigned to Mercer Safehouse, he can wander to other settlements and remain there permanently.[verified]