Gametitle-FNV OWB
Gametitle-FNV OWB
Your heart is back in your body, but some advanced technologies remain: You are more resistant to poison (50%) and robots are only somewhat confused by you (25% less likely to score a critical hit) now. But on the bright side, healing items (chems) are even more effective!Fallout: New Vegas description

Cardiac Arrest is a special perk in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.


Convince your brain to return to your body or convince it to come back to The Sink. After, you can have your heart reinserted into your body. This perk replaces Heartless.


+50% bonus to poison resistance and healing items respectively, plus -25% to critical chance for robots against you.


  • Cazadores are less of a threat with this perk as it becomes rarer to be poisoned by them.
  • Compared to the Heartless perk, it gives an additional +25% bonus to healing items at the cost of +25% critical chance from robots* and +50% poison resistance rather than immunity. (*see bugs)
  • Grants the full 85% resistance to poison when combined with 8 Endurance, the maximum achievable in derived statistics. Of course, this is still outclassed by Heartless's poison immunity.
  • Cardiac Arrest shares the same Vault boy image as Heartless.

Behind the scenesEdit

Cardiac Arrest is the result of the heart failing to pump blood effectively enough to maintain body functions. Unlike Heartless, the title of the perk cannot be interpreted literally, as the new technologies remaining in the heart improve heart function, contradictory to the title.


  • PCIcon pc Playstation 3Icon ps3 Xbox 360Icon xbox360 This perk grants -50% critical chance from enemy robots, rather than the listed -25%. [verified]
  • Both Cardiac Arrest and Heartless do not affect healing from any items as they are missing the correct modifiers.

See alsoEdit

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+