+50% bonus to poison resistance and healing items respectively, plus -25% to critical chance for robots against you.
- Cazadores are less of a threat with this perk as it becomes rarer to be poisoned by them.
- Compared to the Heartless perk, it gives an additional +25% bonus to healing items at the cost of +25% critical chance from robots* and +50% poison resistance rather than immunity. (*see bugs)
- Grants the full 85% resistance to poison when combined with 8 Endurance, the maximum achievable in derived statistics. Of course, this is still outclassed by Heartless's poison immunity.
- Cardiac Arrest shares the same Vault boy image as Heartless.
Behind the scenes
Cardiac Arrest is a sudden loss of blood flow resulting from the failure of the heart to pump effectively. While a cardiac arrest may be caused by heart attack or heart failure, these are not the same.
- This perk grants -50% critical chance from enemy robots, rather than the listed -25%. [verified]