“Your heart is back in your body, but some advanced technologies remain: You are more resistant to poison (50%) and robots are only somewhat confused by you (25% less likely to score a critical hit) now. But on the bright side, healing items (chems) are even more effective!”— Fallout: New Vegas description
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Effects[edit | edit source]
+50% bonus to poison resistance and healing items respectively, plus -25% to critical chance for robots against you.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cazadores are less of a threat with this perk as it becomes rarer to be poisoned by them.
- Compared to the Heartless perk, it gives an additional +25% bonus to healing items at the cost of +25% critical chance from robots* and +50% poison resistance rather than immunity. (*see bugs)
- Grants the full 85% resistance to poison when combined with 8 Endurance, the maximum achievable in derived statistics. Of course, this is still outclassed by Heartless's poison immunity.
- Cardiac Arrest shares the same Vault boy image as Heartless.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Cardiac Arrest is the result of the heart failing to pump blood effectively enough to maintain body functions..
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 This perk grants -50% critical chance from enemy robots, rather than the listed -25%. [verified]
See also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.