+50% to poison resistance, -25% chance to get critical hits from robots, and bonus healing with certain items. Stimpaks gain 15 bonus healing on use, and the following aid items heal an additional seven hit points on use. This healing is not displayed on the items themselves.
- Nightstalker squeezin's
- Thin red paste
- Blood sausage
- Black blood sausage
- Thick red paste
- Coyote tobacco chew
- Healing powder
- Leg. healing powder
- Human remains
- Bitter drink
- Compared to the Heartless perk, it gives slightly more healing at the cost of +25% critical chance from robots and +50% poison resistance rather than immunity.
- Grants the full 85% resistance to poison when combined with 8 Endurance, the maximum achievable in derived statistics. Of course, this is still outclassed by Heartless's poison immunity.
- Cardiac Arrest shares the same Vault boy image as Heartless.
Behind the scenes
The real-life term "cardiac arrest" refers to a sudden loss of blood flow resulting from the failure of the heart to pump effectively. While a cardiac arrest may be caused by myocardial infarction (heart attack) or congestive heart failure, these are not the same.
- This perk grants -50% critical chance from enemy robots, rather than the listed -25%. [verified]
- Sink Auto-Doc message for this perk erroneously states "healing items (chems) are twice as effective (+50%)". [verification needed] The