+50% bonus to poison resistance and healing items respectively, plus -25% to critical chance for robots against you.
- Cazadores are less of a threat with this perk as it becomes rarer to be poisoned by them.
- Compared to the Heartless perk, it gives an additional +25% bonus to healing items at the cost of +25% critical chance from robots* and +50% poison resistance rather than immunity. (*see bugs)
- Grants the full 85% resistance to poison when combined with 8 Endurance, the maximum achievable in derived statistics. Of course, this is still outclassed by Heartless's poison immunity.
- Cardiac Arrest shares the same Vault boy image as Heartless.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cardiac Arrest is the result of the heart failing to pump blood effectively enough to maintain body functions. Unlike Heartless, the title of the perk cannot be interpreted literally, as the new technologies remaining in the heart improve heart function, contradictory to the title.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 This perk grants -50% critical chance from enemy robots, rather than the listed -25%. [verified]
- Both Cardiac Arrest and Heartless do not affect healing from any items as they are missing the correct modifiers.