The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
- Talk to Shank
- Go to the location
- Kill every settler, minuteman or enemy
- Open the workshop
- Build a raider signal flag
Speak to Shank and choose the settlement that the player character wants to convert into a raider outpost. Go to the location and kill every settler that lives in the settlement and kill all of the minutemen protecting the settlement. After this, the player character needs to open up the workshop and build the gang's signal flag.
- Killing all of the minutemen in the settlement will not make every minuteman hostile toward the player character.
- Raider gangs will start to like the player character more if they give them more settlements.
- Shank cannot send the player character to a settlement that has a companion in it.
- Some settlements with quest important characters cannot be turned into a raider outpost.
- This quest also essentially functions as the raider version of Taking Point if one has not yet visited specific settlements that have hostiles that must be cleared before using the workshop (such as Croup Manor or Taffington Boathouse).