Background[edit | edit source]
At an unknown point in time, this shack was used to produce counterfeit bottle caps. When the Courier arrives in 2281, the shack is abandoned, with only a small handful of bottle caps remaining. The inhabitants of the shack are never seen, alive or dead.
Layout[edit | edit source]
In the basement of the shack is a Nuka-Cola vending machine, two Sunset Sarsaparilla vending machines, and many full and empty bottles of Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla. There are also many ammunition boxes. There is a table in front of the vending machines which contains a number of counterfeit bottle caps. This location can be used as player character housing as it has a bed and many storage containers. As with most areas around Callville Bay, there are cazadores guarding the entrance.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor - In the separate room of the basement at the foot of the bed on a pile of suitcases.
- Three Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps - On the tables with empty soda bottles in the cellar.
- 18 counterfeit bottle caps - In the cellar on the top of a table full of empty soda bottles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The shack's entrance to the underground counterfeiting facility is actually on the wrong side of the room, likely due to a placement error when making the game. It would have been much more logical to make the staircase into the counterfeiting facility into the cliff next to it. Instead, it is on the side of the shack with flat ground, and outside, the outline of a descending staircase is not visible.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The cap counterfeiting shack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 The Courier can cross through the closed door without opening it. There is nothing inside, as if the Mojave continues inside the shack, although the Courier collides with the invisible walls. Coming a little later with fast travel seems to turn things normal again and allow entrance into to the shack.[verified]
- Xbox 360 Some items will disappear when dropped inside the cellar. Also, when some items are dropped in the cellar they will disappear to the bottom or top of the stairs.[verified]