| || For an overview of bottle caps in the Fallout series of games, see Bottle cap.|
For an overview of currency in the Fallout series of games, see Currency.
- Often given as a reward for completing quests.
- Various amounts are found in caps stashes.
- Occasionally found arranged on chessboards.
- Similar to Fallout 4, caps cannot be stored or dropped.
- Bottlecaps can be earned by killing other player characters through player versus player combat, revenge, or bounties. Killing a player character who hadn't attacked back will remove caps to pay for a bounty on the killer, which other characters can collect. Status debuffs will replace bottlecaps if the killer doesn't have enough.
- A maximum possession of 30,000 caps per player character is enforced by the game.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.