Layout[edit | edit source]
There appears to be a passage through the mountains leading to the Mesquite Wilderness Area, however, it is blocked by the wreckage of several burned-out cars, trucks and other objects. One of these contains several charred skeletons and some explosive crates.
Several of these objects sport graffiti, reading "You Can Go Home, Courier," "the Divide," "Lonesome Road," backwards "6"s and "Courier Six?" After hints dropped in Dead Money, it seems likely that the author of this graffiti is Ulysses.
After downloading Lonesome Road, the wreckage will be removed and the path will open for the add-on. The player character enters through the wreckage of a bus. Upon completing the main questline, a footlocker will appear outside of the canyon wreckage and will contain unique items. If Ulysses is spared in The End, he will be just beyond the entrance of the wreckage, sitting on a cliff overlooking the ruins of Hopeville.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- If the player character follows the southwest rock wall, they will find a dead NCR trooper along with two ammo boxes containing various items.
- Just to the right of the wreckage are two graves that can be opened with a shovel. Each contains random ammunition.
- Just south of the canyon wreckage, on the road towards the California Sunset Drive-in, a truck containing crates with frag grenades can be found. This truck is lying on its side and has Ulysses' backward sixes painted on it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ulysses' graffiti will show up even if one doesn't have Lonesome Road installed, implying that the add-on was already planned during the development of the game.
- In Hardcore mode passing through the Canyon wreckage gate will reset the Courier's sleep, dehydration, and hunger.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Occasionally, the dead trooper will spawn alive and will almost definitely be attacked by the coyotes in the area. Sometimes he is left alive by the coyotes, but you cannot start a conversation with him.[verified]
- PC Xbox 360 Sometimes the dead trooper may not spawn in the cave at all. Fast traveling away from the area and coming back will usually fix this.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When you enter or leave The Divide you can get a message saying "Poison Removed."[verified]
- PC If you complete The End/Apocalypse with coyote corpses where the rewards trunk is supposed to be, you won't receive any of the unique items upon completion. In order to avoid this it is necessary to rest in the Mojave Wasteland until live coyotes have respawned near canyon wreckage.[verified]