The Cantina Madrid is broken down into two sections: the restaurant and kitchen. The main restaurant is not accessible, leaving only the restaurant's lobby area open to exploration. The entire area is covered in gas until the several gas valves in the kitchen are shut off. When the player character comes into contact with the gas, they will lose a small amount of health.
As the player character approaches the kitchen area, Dog and God will be heard arguing amongst themselves. Dog has deliberately opened the valves and plans to ignite the gas and blow himself up in order to permanently silence "the angry voice" in his head.
There are two entrances to the back area. One is the entrance through the supply closet to the left of the restaurant's reservation desk. This entrance will not be accessible until the gas has been shut off. The other is from the casino floor, via the emergency door found behind the casino bar and up the stairs. The kitchen lobby area contains a workbench and an active electric hot plate.
- One unshielded (blue) speaker above the door to the kitchen.
- One radio on top of a trash bin, in the bathroom on the left side after passing the door with the unshielded speaker.
- A random number of pre-War steaks - On average six, with a maximum of 12.
- The 8 of Clubs - Sierra Madre - On the floor to the right of the terminal.
- Sierra Madre emergency maintenance key - On a counter in the reception area.
- Sierra Madre maintenance pass - Received through completion of the quest Put the Beast Down.
Behind the scenes
The name is a reference to a bar in the 1948 film The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It is in this location that the protagonist is supposed to meet his employer and receive payment.