Approaching the camp, the Courier may pick up a Camp Guardian distress call. The signal informs the Courier of an attack on the camp by an unknown group of mutant creatures. The voice in the call seems to be in dire need of help. The area surrounding Camp Guardian, on the path up to Guardian Peak, is populated by a few radscorpions of various types and quite a lot of giant rats. Traveling up the narrow path will lead to Guardian Peak and the Camp Guardian caves.
- The Courier can turn off the radio signal by activating the ham radio.
- Sergeant Banner, leader of the now-deceased NCR troopers found in the Camp Guardian caves, has left eleven log notes scattered around the camp and Guardian Peak.
- There is a hollowed-out rock next to the Camp Guardian sign at the base of the mountain.
- There are three entrances to the cave, with one of them being at the bottom of a lake, and another being near the campsite at the peak.
Camp Guardian appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- PC Sometimes the creatures will stay stationary and they won't be able to attack. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 If you clear out the lakelurks before healing Private Halford, you will not get the dialogue to fix his legs and he will remain in the caves. [verified]