Camp Golf is an New California Republic military base, located on the north shore of Lake Las Vegas, east of the Grub n' Gulp rest stop. It serves as the headquarters for the NCR Rangers in the Mojave Wasteland in 2281.
Established in and around the House Resort and accompanying golf course belonging to Robert House before the War, Camp Golf was the frontlines of the NCR's fight against Caesar's Legion during the First Battle of Hoover Dam in 2277. However, as its strategic value waned and it found itself miles behind the frontline, it subsequently became a dump of sorts for the NCR Army. Underperforming soldiers are sent to Camp Golf to be shaped up by its drill instructors.
The matter is different for NCR Rangers. The actual resort building has been adopted as their regional headquarters, doubling as communication and quartermaster hub. This causes some tension between rangers and troopers, the latter having to camp in military tents on the dilapidated golf course, while the former enjoy all the luxuries a pre-War resort provides.
The NCR maintains a heavy presence here, guarding a large water pipe that extends to the north, providing water to the NCR sharecropper farms and ensuring a constant supply of food for the NCR.
The camp consists of several tents on the golf course west of the resort building, near which the command tent, infirmary, mess hall, and shooting range are located. The perimeter is secured by several watchtowers manned by sentries at all times. South of the resort, the main pipeline providing water to New Vegas exits into Lake Mead.
- Five Nuka-Cola Quartz - Can be stolen from the shelves in the House Resort kitchen.
- 22 purified water bottles in the kitchen alongside a large amount of food.
- There is one of the two Lucky 38 VIP keycards used to unlock Mr. House's secret entrance terminal on a desk in the building, in Chief Hanlon's office.
- Three Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps - On top of two dressers in a room upstairs. The room is the first in the right hallway, up the right staircase.
- NCR Veteran Rangers will start to appear here once the player character completes Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, by solving the problem with Benny.
- As all the ranger stations have code names in the phonetic alphabet, Golf stands for G in the phonetic alphabet, being the main base for rangers. The name appears to be a double entendre, as the base was a resort with a golf course before the Great War.
Camp Golf appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- NCR troopers sometimes perform as though they are typing on a typewriter/computer while seated in the dining tent even though there is no keyboard present (scripting issue). [verified]
- When fast traveling to Camp Golf, it is possible for a cazador to spawn in the center of the tent area.[verified]