Cameron is a young man with bulging muscles and a very confident air about him. He is a fellow tribesman of the Chosen One, and is an expert in unarmed combat, believing that fighting with weapons desensitizes a warrior to the consequence of their actions.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is allied with the following faction(s).|
- Finish Temple of Trials: Cameron serves as the final test within the Temple of Trials, where the Chosen One must either:
- Defeat him in hand-to-hand combat
- Convince him that fighting is pointless
- Steal the door key and avoid fighting him
- His name was changed in the Fallout 2 patch, where in the the unpatched game, he is called Dumar.
- After leaving Arroyo, it is no longer possible to have him teach Unarmed combat skills.
- Should Cameron be killed in a hand-to-hand duel, the Arroyo villagers may become enemies with the Chosen One, prematurely ending the game.[verification needed]
- Should Cameron be knocked out and killed while unconscious, the Chosen One will lose Karma, yet the Arroyo villagers will not react.
- If you interact with Cameron, exit and then re-enter dialogue, you will not be able to convince him to not fight, as the option does not appear. You can still steal the key and avoid fighting him.
- In combat and if dead, Cameron (and his remains) will be named 'Warrior'.
Cameron appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenes
He is named after Cameron Rapmund, the Australian winner of the Fallout trivia contest.
- ACTEMVIL.MSG, line 102