Camera film is a celluloid material used in conjunction with a chemical process after exposure to light to produce photographs.
In Fallout: New Vegas, camera film is assigned as "ammunition" for the Codac R9000 camera. It is given to the player along with the camera solely to carry out the quest Classic Inspiration. Initially, 24 "rolls" are provided with additional amounts supplied if the player runs out.
Weapons using this ammunition
Camera film is exclusively available from Michael Angelo at his workshop on the Strip after initiating the quest Classic Inspiration. If he should ever die for any reason, no further supplies of camera film can ever be obtained unless reloading a previous saved game.
- Images captured on the film are never seen in-game.
- Camera film can be dropped or sold even though the Codac R9000 camera is a permanent quest item.
- After starting the quest Classic Inspiration, 24 additional camera film can be obtained when speaking to Michael Angelo whenever no camera film is in one's inventory, even if it was dropped intentionally. This can be done even after the quest is completed, making for an unlimited amount of ammo to sell, though only at one cap each.
- This ammunition is never available for purchase and provides little benefit other than its resale value after the associated quest is completed.
- When dropped, the ammunition looks like a conductor.