Background[edit | edit source]
Named for the former settlement of Callville, this bay was created when the Colorado River was dammed to form Lake Mead. It was once a small port and boat launch, offering U-235 outboard motors. Now Callville Bay is a derelict no-man's land overrun by cazadores. From their nest inside the remains of the corrugated metal warehouse, they keep prospectors and wastelanders away from, among other locales Captain Dean Boat Rentals.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Callville Bay is a boating harbor serving Lake Mead. It consists of a ruined boathouse and a store named Captain Dean Boat Rentals. The store contains a few bottle caps, a locked safe and a first aid box guarded by giant rats.
In the boathouse, the Courier will find miscellaneous supplies guarded by a group of cazadores, which have established a nest there. The slipway jutting out into Lake Mead is where Loyal's detonator is used to activate the deployable ballast as part of the quest Volare!.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Two Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps - One on the shelves with the empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles and another next to the cash register. The second cap may not appear initially.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Captain Dean Boat Rentals, on the shelf directly in front upon entering is a toy car that merely says "Take." However, it cannot be taken, and picking it up causes a message to say "Good! Now push (grab button) again to let go of the skull." This is a glitch, replicating the assumed action available at the start of the game (during the tutorial to select initial perks and base skills; doing additional actions, including jumping, as well as picking up (lifting and moving) the brahmin skull on the fireplace mantle on any movable object, will gain additional selection options during the tutorial, as long as the player character does so before taking a seat to initiate the selection dialogue with the doctor). The toy car glitch is the same encouragement dialogue received for moving the skull on Doc Mitchell's fireplace.
- The warning on the towing winch is written in French. It translates as "Danger of death: High-tension cables. Distance: 0 m. 00. Depth: 0' 60."
- The welcoming sign includes an advertisement for the Poseidon Energy U-235 outboard motor.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Callville Bay appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Callville Bay
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.364: "[3.18] Callville Bay
Once a small port and boat launch, Callville Bay is a derelict no-man's land overrun by Cazadores from their nest inside the corrugated warehouse that has fallen in on itself. There's a (currently inactive) harpoon winch on the launch itself. Lake Mead is great sources of drinking water, so sip yourself healthy, and don't forget to visit Captain Dean's Boat Rentals. Deal with the rodent infestation, before rummaging through the store shelves for the following:
* Bobby Pin (2)
* Knife (3)
* First Aid Box
* Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Cap [40/100]
* Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Cap [41/100]
* Magazine: Lad's Life [Survival] [14/30] [24/52]
* Carton of Cigarettes (2)
* Floor Safe Items [Average]"
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)