| ||For other characters named Caleb, see Caleb.|
Caleb was born in 2245 and was a slave until he escaped in 2269. He was captured along with John and Liesel when they tried to escape. During his time as a slave, his master taught him the art of stone cutting. When he ran away from his master, he fell into a band of raiders. Once he heard about Hannibal Hamlin and the Temple of the Union however, he promptly left the raiders and joined Hannibal. He is the first of Hannibal's followers and uses the skills he learned from his master to restore any stone structure Hannibal asks of him. Caleb prefers to use melee weapons but knows his way around guns.
Caleb is a member of the Temple of the Union and will defend it and the people in it with his life.
Caleb can always be found at the Temple of the Union. When the escaped slaves are moved to Lincoln Memorial he will be found there working to restore the memorial, as it is the new location of the Union.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Head of State: Caleb needs a picture of the Lincoln Memorial to further his efforts of reconstructing the statue. In addition, he can provide information about the Temple of the Union, himself or the Lincoln Memorial once the proper stage of the quest, Head of State has been reached. Caleb will put Lincoln's head back on the statue if the former slaves move in to the Lincoln Memorial.
|Sledgehammer||Temple of the Union key
Caleb Smith appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Caleb Smith is named after Caleb Blood Smith, an American journalist and politician who served in the cabinet of Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide, page 43: "There is a band of abolitionist slaves deep in the Wasteland. They are all escaped slaves, seeking to end slavery for all time. You can learn more about them in Miscellaneous Quest: Head of State."
- ↑ The Lone Wanderer: "So, you used to be a slave?"
Caleb Smith: "Long time ago. Eight years I think. Three of us escaped during the night. They caught Liesel and John. I made it into the wasteland. Raiders took me in at first. When I heard about this place, I knew I had to come here."
- ↑ CalebSmith.txt - Line 25: Raiders took me in at first. When I heard about this place, I knew I had to come here.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide