- 1 Background
- 2 Interactions with the player character
- 3 Inventory
- 4 Notes
- 5 Notable quotes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Bugs
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
Cait was born into a distant and abusive family of Irish1 descent in 2261, her parents would routinely beat and yell at her. She attempted to run away twice, the first time she did it, they locked her in a shed outside of the house they lived in. The second time, they broke one of her legs. Cait eventually became convinced she was a mistake, due to the constant abuse, but deluded herself into thinking that they loved her enough not to kick her out of the house. The illusion was shattered once her eighteenth birthday came: They had slapped a shock collar around her neck and sold her into slavery, all without a hint of regret.
For the next five years, Cait was used as an entertainment slave for a variety of purposes she refuses to detail. While it wrecked her emotionally and warped her personality, Cait developed significant resentment towards them and eventually learned some tricks of their trade. Stealing caps from sleeping men after they used her, she eventually managed to buy her freedom. With 23 years' worth of pent-up fury, she tracked down her parents and gunned them down in bloody vengeance.
After everything was said and done, Cait took to alcohol and chems to help forget her past. She joined the Combat Zone as a cage fighter and fought to provide her with the funds to buy everything she needed to forget. The point of the fighting wasn't just to provide her with funds, though. She hated everyone, herself the most, and the violence - and pain, and wounds, and the Psycho - were ways to punish herself and find death. Unfortunately, Cait proved too tough to beat, even when raiders took the joint over and it got decidedly more lethal. Those who didn't keep their head on a swivel were liable to be sucker-punched and robbed in the best of circumstances. Cait herself learned that, short of buying friends, she would have been a victim waiting to be preyed upon. The teacher of that vital lesson was a raider named Stratton, who abandoned her to be beaten up by raiders after she refused to sleep with him.
By the time the Sole Survivor comes, Cait has been a cage fighter for three years, two of them under raider management - all with a hundred victories to her name. As the Sole Survivor enters the Combat Zone and defeats the raiders, Tommy Lonegan offers them Cait's contract because of her self-destructive reliance on Psycho.
Cait puts up a deceptively convincing tough Irish gal act, but beneath the exterior is a broken woman with a lifetime of misery behind her. Cait is thoroughly paranoid of everyone around her as everyone she's known deeply has betrayed her some way. This has caused an inherent mistrust in anyone, especially those doing selfless offers of kindness. The only relationship she currently trusts is trade relationships, either through caps or other services. She is also deeply regretful of many of the choices she's made in life, questioning if the brutality she's known all her life is truly the only way to settle things.
As an escape and a way to forget the traumas of her life, Cait has taken to both the bottle and the needle (specifically psycho) and has been using both for several years. Because of this prolonged usage, she is incapable of being cured of her psycho addiction through normal means, either a doctor or Addictol.
Despite her life being a seemingly unceasing march of adversity, disappointment, and horror (coupled with Psycho reliance and the accompanying progressive health damage), Cait refuses to take the easy way out. Staring down the barrel of her shotgun more than once, she has yet to pull the trigger. Instead, she pursued the death she couldn't give herself in the ring, crushed to death by one of the hundreds of opponents she had fought. But she persevered, hoping and praying to find a single decent scrap of humanity in her life and in the world. Perhaps the Sole Survivor will be that scrap.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the Trigger Rush perk.|
|This character is romanceable.||
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player character's actions
- Maxed approval with Cait grants the Sole Survivor the Trigger Rush perk, which increases Action Point regeneration when the player character's health is below 25%.
- Cait is a potential candidate for romance, an option that unlocks after reaching the highest level of affinity.
|Cait's loyalty actions|
Cait can be used to pick locks of any tier. To do so only guide her to the nearest lock. This will take some time, depending on the difficulty. She needs to have bobby pins in her inventory to do so.
|Cait's location comments|
|Diamond City, entrance||"If we're looking for some action, I'm bettin' we'll find it here."|
|Goodneighbor, entrance||"Wow, this place is a shitehole. And here I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Combat Zone."|
|Combat Zone, exterior||""|
|Boston Airport, before the barricades||"Would be nice to fly away and leave the Commonwealth behind... but is there anythin' worth seein' out there?"|
|Cabot House, exterior by the shrubbery||""|
|Parsons State Insane Asylum, entrance foyer on the rug just past the front door; during the quest The Secret of Cabot House.||"I don't like admittin' it, but this place is givin' me the shivers."|
|Jamaica Plain, northwest road entrance, by the diner||"I remember some bloke who said he was headin' out to Jamaica Plain to hunt for treasure... never saw his sorry arse again."|
|Vault 81, entrance walkway||"This is the only Vault I know that people still call home. Kind of weird that they want to stay out here all by themselves."|
|Yangtze-31||"Why anyone would want to live on one of these things for months at a time is beyond me."|
|Trinity Tower, roof||""|
|Sentinel site, exterior||"If they used to store bombs here, why in the hell are we goin' inside?"|
|Fort Independence||"Please don't tell me we're gonna spend the day pickin' through this pile of rubble."|
|"I don't understand these Minutemen. Why the hell would you bother helpin' a bunch of lowlife farmers and settlers for free?"|
|Covenant, gate exterior||""|
|Bunker Hill, the base of stairs to the monument - before the gate||"Oh, Bunker Hill. I heard you can get anythin' from these fellas. Time to start lookin' for some goodies."|
|Parking garage, after entering the garage||""|
|Sentinel site, bomb storage room entrance||""|
|Sentinel site, gantry||""|
|Sentinel site, exterior entrance||""|
|Ticonderoga, penthouse foyer||""|
|Old North Church, catacombs||""|
|Old North Church, nave||""|
|Trinity Tower, the roof||""|
|Trinity Tower, the base of the tower||""|
|Hubris Comics, shop floor||""|
|Hubris Comics, top floor studio||""|
|Yangtze-31, engine room||""|
|Starlight Drive In, in the projection room||""|
|Starlight Drive In, at the screen||""|
|Wilson Atomatoys corporate HQ, Arlen Glass' office||""|
|Wilson Atomatoys corporate HQ, foyer display||""|
|Weston water treatment plant||""|
|West Everett Estates, backyard bunker||""|
|West Everett Estates, entrance||""|
|Walden Pond, just in front of said cabin.||""|
|Milton General Hospital, basement morgue||""|
|Milton General Hospital, waiting foyer||""|
|Vault 95, Overseer's office||""|
|Vault 95, reactor room||""|
|Museum of Witchcraft||""|
|Museum of Witchcraft||""|
|Vault 75, combat training room||""|
|Vault 75, entrance||""|
|Vault 114, entrance construction||""|
|Vault 111, cryonic stasis room||""|
|Vault 114, exterior tunnel construction||""|
|Trinity Church, theatrical rigging||""|
|Trinity Church, nursery||""|
|Thicket Excavations, near the water's edge; before the conclusion of the quest Pull the Plug.||""|
|The Shamrock Taphouse, basement during Trouble Brewin'||""|
|Gwinnett Brewery, brewing floor||""|
|Gwinnett Brewery, entrance||""|
|Combat Zone, at the lifts in the trap room||""|
|Combat Zone, front row||""|
|Boston Common, just in front of the infantry fighting vehicle||""|
|Cambridge Police Station||""|
|South Boston military checkpoint||""|
|Skylanes Flight 1981||""|
|Saugus Ironworks, ?||""|
|Saugus Ironworks, Slag encounter||""|
|Sandy Coves Convalescent Home, captain's room||""|
|Rocky Narrows Park, at the playground||""|
|Robotics disposal ground, in front of the sentry bot||""|
|Revere Beach station, end tunnel raider encampment||""|
|Quincy ruins, Freeway stronghold bridge to roof catwalks||""|
|Quincy ruins, southeast entrance||""|
|Boston Police rationing site, in front of the trailer kiosk||""|
|Poseidon Energy, generator room - the part past the raider defenses.||""|
|HalluciGen, Inc., demonstration control room||""|
|HalluciGen, Inc., atrium before the quest||""|
|Fiddler's Green Trailer Estates, entrance||""|
|Neponset Park, close to Charles Dieter Jr.'s cabin||""|
|Natick power station||""|
|Nahant Oceanological Society, second floor||""|
|Nahant Oceanological Society, research laboratory||""|
|Gorski Cabin, root cellar workshop||""|
|Milton General Hospital, operating room||""|
|Weatherby Savings and Loan, inside the bank vault||""|
|Mass Pike Interchange, some Gunner stronghold fort||""|
|University Point, just inside the gate||""|
|Mass Fusion disposal site||""|
|Mass Fusion disposal site||""|
|Mahkra Fishpacking, basement storeroom||""|
|Longneck Lukowski's Cannery, basement; just past the elevator||""|
|Vault 81, observation room||""|
|Libertalia, at the top of the main structure||""|
|Kingsport Lighthouse, at the top beacon||""|
|WRVR broadcast station, control room||""|
|Jamaica Plain, treasure room||""|
|Jamaica Plain, security room before the hallway||""|
|Jalbert Brothers Disposal, at the barn with the barrels||""|
|Super-Duper Mart, front counters||""|
|Irish Pride Industries shipyard, at the corpse of Rory Rigwell||""|
|Cambridge crater, edge when attacked by ghouls||""|
|Cambridge crater, edge||""|
|Hub City Auto Wreckers, while on the crane||""|
|Hester's Consumer Robotics, entrance: showroom floor||""|
|College Square, the square||""|
|Fort Hagen, command center – outside the gated main room, next to the door||""|
|Greater Mass blood clinic, basement storage||""|
|The Slog, in front of the pool||""|
|Atom Cats garage, unable to determine due to bugged content.||""|
|Gunners plaza, cafeteria – before the staircase||""|
|Gunners plaza, main entrance of the atrium writer's room||""|
|When walking on a mirelurk infested beach, between Reeb Marina and Gibson Point Pier.||""|
|General Atomics factory, quality assurance test chamber||""|
|Back Alley Bowling, at the lanes||""|
|General Atomics galleria, at the gate||""|
|Fort Strong, sublevel in the room before the main mini nuke storage room.||""|
|West Roxbury station, platform||""|
|Federal Surveillance Center K-21B, gantry overlook||""|
|Faneuil Hall, the hall||""|
|Concord civic access, main pipe room||""|
|Fairline Hill Estates, at the fortified house||""|
|Fairline Hill Estates, at the entrance to the cul-de-sac||""|
|Forest Grove Marsh, dry dock park||""|
|Easy City Downs, at the "stables" both this and the latter have to be at an active location||""|
|Easy City Downs, northern corner fence hole to the racetrack, next to the stands||""|
|East Boston Preparatory School, third floor torture chamber||""|
|Dunwich Borers, at the pit||""|
|Dunwich Borers, at the edge||""|
|USS Constitution, after quest the completion of the quest Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution||""|
|Weatherby Savings and Loan, before the completion of the quest Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution||""|
|D.B. Technical High School, basement – after killing Bosco or at the throne||""|
|D.B. Technical High School, generator room||""|
|Croup Manor, basement||""|
|Crater House, edge of crater||""|
|Corvega assembly plant, entrance of the assembly line room||""|
|Coast Guard Pier, either at the corner of the pier by the tower, or the center of the building. The super mutants were supposed to be wearing Coast Guard hats.||""|
|Wreck of the USS Riptide||""|
|Chestnut Hillock Reservoir||""|
|Shaw High School, library||""|
|Shaw High School, cafeteria||""|
|Charles View Amphitheater||""|
|Cambridge Polymer Labs, laboratory, during the quest Cambridge Polymer Labs||""|
|Cabot House, laboratory||""|
|Cabot House, living room||""|
|Bunker Hill, base of the monument||""|
|Breakheart Banks, at the building||""|
|Boston Public Library, hall where defenses are||""|
|Boston Public Library, main entrance||""|
|Boston mayoral shelter, at the basketball court||""|
|Beantown Brewery, bottling room floor||""|
|Fallon's department store, by the fountain||""|
|Fallon's department store, by the escalators||""|
|Joe's Spuckies, speakeasy stairway||""|
|The Switchboard, the foyer of the agency||""|
|BADTFL regional office, evidence lockup||""|
|Cait's quest comments|
|Location/Quest and requirement||Context||Comment|
|Vault 95, Overseer's office||""|
Fallout: The Board Game
|The following is based on content from Fallout: The Board Game.|
Cait can be acquired at the shop by any player character that has the Vilified trait. When the player character has her as the active companion and performs a test that uses Perception, Agility, or Luck, she can be exhausted to gain one hit on the test.
When the player character performs the camp action, she will become unexhausted. However, if the player character does not have at least one drug in their inventory, she must be discarded.
- She will try to comfort the player character if taken to the corpse of Nate/Nora in Vault 111.
- Cait will dislike all four of the first set of dialogue options during the Minutemen quests to help settlements with raiders.
- Cait will actively use Psycho, Jet, RadAway and other chems in her inventory. Since it was explained she was an addict when meeting her, it might be beneficial to keep her stocked up as she appears to get friendly very quickly, and it might improve her usefulness in fights.
- If Cait has any Psycho or Jet, one can sometimes see her using it before completing her personal quest.
- Although not always, Cait may react negatively after completing her personal quest "Benign Intervention" if the player character uses chems in front of her. She will berate them for being a "hypocrite" for using them after helping her to cure her Psycho addiction.
- The Sole Survivor may raise Cait's affection level by removing their own clothing and fast traveling between safe locations.
- Before completing Benign Intervention, Cait likes when the Sole Survivor drinks hard alcoholic beverages (bourbon, rum, vodka, whiskey and wine). Drinking before sleeping and before waiting will speed up the process.
- Cait will disapprove of joining any of the factions until the second act of the main story when the Brotherhood of Steel comes in. After this, she will no longer disapprove of joining the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Cait asks Takahashi to serve her a drink on their first meeting, but she doesn't get it as Takahashi only serves noodles in the Diamond City market.
- Cait's dialogue while exploring several of the vaults indicates that she is already familiar with the Vault-Tec experiments and the true purpose of the vault network.
- When entering and exploring any vaults with Cait as a companion after Benign Intervention, she will ask to leave quickly are not enter the vault after her vault experience before hand.
- When replaced by certain companions, Cait is prone to make flirtatious comments, such as Piper, for whom she will say it's "too bad they can't make it a threesome," or Deacon, Preston Garvey and MacCready, whom she refers to as "handsome." She also tells Hancock that if she ever decides to "go ghoul," he will be the one she calls.
- She will continue to make these comments even after being romanced by the Sole Survivor.
- Due to her cruel childhood, she will not like it when someone is helped since she had never been helped in her life. For example, if the Sole Survivor helps Billy Peabody find his parents, she will be annoyed since she was never helped or cared for but if Billy is sold to Bullet, she will hate it because she was also sold into slavery.
- Without completing her personal quest "Benign Intervention," the maximum level of affinity that can be reached with her is 999. This means that to be able to get her perk "Trigger Rush," the player character has to complete her quest first.
|The following is based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
- Cut dialogue for Tommy Lonegan indicates that at one stage during development, it was planned for Cait to be acquired after losing a fight with the player character.
|End of information based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
- "It all starts with two wastes of humanity I suppose you could called me parents. I'm convinced that I was a mistake, because I can't remember a single moment that they treated me like their daughter."
- "You can imagine the look on me parents faces when I kicked on their door. What you can't imagine is what they looked like after... after I emptied me gun into them."
- "You think I inject myself with all that shite and drink myself drunk because I’m a "tough Irish gal?""
- "Heh. I dunno. Seemed quite the performance from where I was standin'."
- "Rather be off murderin' a pint, but this'll do."
- "Sure. Be glad to take...I mean hold some stuff for you."
- "We'd move faster if you'd keep your eyes on the road and off me arse."
- "Only thing better than gettin' pissed is pickin' a fight. Am I right?"
- "Oh sure, make me carry more of your junk!"
- "What's yours is mine... right darlin'?"
- "I'm all for takin' all we can get, but you're lookin' a little weighed down there."
- "Aww, and here I thought you wanted to snuggle."
- "I'm glad ya took me on. Question is... can you hold on to me?"
- "Damn rain is soakin' right through me clothes." – during rain
- "Rounding up a bunch of escaped synths is about as much fun as catchin' radroaches. Hope you have fun with that."
- "Raiders, super mutants, shamblers... you name it, they call the city home."
- "Not bad... remind me to give you some pointers sometime." – after the Sole Survivor picks a lock
- "I think we should be staying as far away from that reactor as possible" – After taking damage from Vault 95 reactor
- "Uggh, got capped in the knee!"
- When being radiated:
- "If we don't move fast, we're gonna start glowin'."
- "Can we quit suckin' down rads? Makin' me feel like crap."
- "Let's move quick. This area isn't agreein' with us."
- "That clicking from yoir Pip-Boy? Probably not a good thing."
- "Watch it. We're takin' rads."
- "Hey, genius... you're taking rads. Let's move out."
- "What am I? A bank? *sigh*"
- "Unless the next bloke we run into is armed with a can opener, I'd say we're good to go." – When you enter power armor
- "Good job, leadfoot! Why don't I just shoot both of us in the head now and save us the trouble?" – When stepping on a mine
- "Maybe we should rest here for a while. Place is built like a fortress" – Above Vault 95
- "I know this must be difficult for you... I... I'm here if you need to talk." if taken to Nate/Nora's corpse in Vault 111.
- When the Brotherhood of Steel arrives in the Commonwealth:
- "Holy shite... what the hell is that thing?" – When witnessing the Prydwen's arrival.
- "I'm not superstitious, but seein' that ship fly overhead gives me the chills. I don't think anythin' good can come from this... not one bit." – When commenting on the Brotherhood of Steel.
- "Don't let this whole soldier thing go to your head. Ask me to salute and all you'll be seein' is my middle finger." – After joining the Brotherhood of Steel
- "I'd love to mount a deathclaw head on my wall. If I had a wall." – After killing a Deathclaw
- "Don't look at me that way, you dirty little mole rat." – When dismissing Dogmeat to travel with her
- "Time to go shoppin'. (rarely)"
- When traveling naked:
- "Wow. Well, that doesn't leave much to the imagination now, does it?"
- "Hope you're not expectin' me to take my kit off too. I'm not that easy."
- After committing to a close relationship:
- "I'm closer to you than anyone else in my life. What more can anyone ask?"
- "There's nowhere else I'd rather be than right here, at your side."
- "My heart, my treasure, my love. All for you."
- "If you're feelin' tired, we could always find a bed."
- "I'm havin' some pretty naughty thoughts about you right now, so I'd say we're doin' pretty damn good."
- When Lover's Embrace is activated:
- "Ow. I think I pulled a muscle or somethin'."
- "Rise and shine, love."
- "All this rest is making me tired."
- "You have a good sleep? I know I did."
- When at a scenic location:
- "Well, this is nice for a change."
- "How can something this beautiful exist in such a fucked up world?"
- "Maybe I'm comin' down with somethin', but this place looks incredible."
- When at a creepy location:
- "I don't like this... not one bit."
- "Sonethin' isn't right. We should get out of here."
- "I'm gonna be jumpin' at the goddamn shadows next."
- "Hard to feel like a kid again when you think about how many of them died when the war started." – When at a playground
- "Why the hell are we back here? You know how much I hate this fuckin' place!" – at Combat Zone
- "I know this sounds crazy, but... well... this place is givin' me the creeps." – at Parsons State Insane Asylum)
- "Tommy tried to introduce scenery into the matches at the Combat Zone. Took about five minutes before we startin' usin' them for weapons." – At the upper level of Trinity Church
- "They used to cure people in places like this? What a waste of space." – in a hospital
- "I can't believe people had to pay to see a doctor." – In a hospital
- "These last stands never hold. You're not gonna catch me paintin' myself into a corner like this." – at the Revere satellite array
- "Spent me childhood livin' in trailers like this. Of course, me parents made me sleep outside." – approaching Fiddler's Green Trailer Estates
- "They used to make an amazin' drink with tarberries at the Combat Zone. Tasted awful, but would knock you out after a few sips." – at The Slog
- "If there were so many pre-war libraries, why did these people end up making such foolish decisions?" – in a library
- "Don't tell me we're here for the view." – Atop a skyscraper
- "Lesson learned, never play chicken with a drawbridge." – At Wreck of the USS Riptide
- "What's with these weird metal stairs?" – At Fallon's department store
- "You wouldn't catch me dead at one of these support meetings. Ugh." – at Vault 95's overseer office
- "I don't understand these Minutemen. Why would you bother helping a bunch of lowlife settlers and farmers for free?" – at The Castle
- "School. What a waste. I learned everything I know from the bathroom walls." – at Shaw High School
- "I heard you can get anything from these fellas. Time to start shopping for some goodies." – Bunker Hill
- "They... they were keepin' babies down here? Oh... oh God." – At Trinity Church
- "You always take me to the nicest places." – When in the Shaw High School kitchen
- "Pff. I don't see what the big deal is... anyone can write stuff down and claim it's a "work of art."" – At Walden Pond
- "I don't know, I kind of like these paintings. Feels good knowin' someone out there is more miserable than me." – At Pickman Gallery
- "When I was nine, I stole a comic book from a caravan dealer. Must have read the damn thing a hundred times before me parents took it away." – At Hubris Comics
- "Brotherhood of Steel? Sounds like a video nasty."
- "I've been through my share of markets. Sometimes I get desperate and lookin' for the cooking sherry. Know what I'm saying?" – in the Super Duper Mart
- "If anyone came through here recently, then they havent left a trace through all this dust." – When in ruined/abandoned areas
- "Looks like the airport took a direct hit during the war." – When at Boston Airport
- "I'm home. I'm finally home." – When in the Shamrock Taphouse
Changing companion from Cait
- Piper: "You two have fun together, Piper. Too bad we can't make it a threesome." to which Piper replies: "Never gonna happen, Cait."
- Curie: "Gonna replace me with the egghead, eh? Well, good luck in a firefight." to which Curie replies: "No need to worry, Mademoiselle Cait. My offensive capabilities are quite formidable."
- Danse: "There's nothing quite like the smell of power armor grease and testosterone." to which Danse replies: "The aroma is rather... pungent."
- Deacon: "Deacon... Where you been all me life, handsome?" to which Deacon replies: "Waiting for you, beautiful."
- Hancock: "I’ll tell you what, Hancock. If I ever decide to go Ghoul... you’re the first one I’m lookin’ up." to which Hancock replies: "I'll be countin' the days."
- Codsworth: "If you’d rather travel with this bucket of bolts, fine by me. You know where to find me."
- Nick Valentine: "All right, Nicky, watch yourself out there." to which Nick replies: "Don't worry, Cait. I will."
- MacCready: "Well, hey there handsome. Watch this guy/gal for me, will you? He/She loves to get himself/herself into trouble." to which MacCready replies: "For you, Cait... I'd do anything."
- Preston Garvey: "You really want that do-gooder watch your back? Suit yourself." to which Preston replies: "One of these days you'll finally realize that the world doesn't revolve around you, Cait."
- Strong: "I need you to keep this one alive, Strong." to which Strong replies: "Don't worry, Strong smash enemy."
Changing companion to Cait
- Danse: "Just make sure you keep our mutual friend safe.", to which Cait replies: "Yeah, take a hike, Danse. This calls for a lady’s touch."
- Preston Garvey: "All yours, Cait. Take care." to which Cait replies: "You really know how to make a girl feel missed, handsome."
- Codsworth: "Ah, Miss Cait! So good of you to agree to take my place. May fortune favor the brave, my dear.", to which Cait replies: "You’re begginnin’ to get on me nerves, Codsey."
- Dogmeat: "(curious sound)", to which Cait replies: "Don’t look at me that way, you dirty little mole rat."
- Piper: "So, no one’s managed to put you in the ground yet, Cait?", to which Cait replies: "Not yet, though it isn’t for a lack of tryin’."
- X6-88: "I’ll be watching, Cait. If you fail to protect this man/woman, I’ll know about it.", to which Cait replies: "Yeah, sure… what are you gonna do? Leak oil all over me?"
- Hancock: "Seems I’m gonna be missing out on all the fun.", to which Cait replies: "You have no idea, Hancock… no idea.."
- Curie: "I think if you travel with Cait, you may need to bring a little more ammo.", to which Cait replies: "You're just jealous because you'll be missin' all the fun."
- Deacon: "And here she is, the one the only… Caaaait. Is that how they used to do it in the Combat Zone?", to which Cait replies: "I’d be glad to show you how we did things in the Combat Zone, Deacon. Name the time and the place."
- Strong: "Strong find milk of human kindness on own.", to which Cait replies: "What the hell is he talkin’ about? Never mind. I don’t want to know."
- Nick Valentine: "Heading out with Cait, huh? Hope you know what you’re getting into.", to which Cait replies: "Hey Valentine… I think you’ve got somethin’ on your face. Oh, it’s skin. Yeah, you might want to get that looked at."
- Benign Intervention.[verified] Cait's quest might not trigger after her confession about her addiction. Taking another companion, sending her back to a settlement, and then talking with her should trigger the quest (it may have to do with her being flagged as a companion). For more info about this bug, read
- Cait will talk about wanting to "lower the dosage" if she thinks she is being followed in combat after Vault 95.[verified]
- During Cait's companion quest, Cait may begin to randomly collapse as if incapacitated during the dialogue. This will continue following completion of the quest.[verified]
- Ordering Cait to pick a floor safe when there is an object between the safe and Cait may sometimes cause her to pace aimlessly around the area.[verified]
- 18 years with parents, 5 with the slavers, 3 at the Combat Zone totals 26. 2287 - 26 = 2261
- The Sole Survivor: "Why didn't you run away?"
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "I appreciate your trust."
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "How could you kill your own parents?"
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "My god. I'm so sorry."
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "I can't even imagine having to go through something like that."
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "I always have time to listen to you, Cait."
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "Why are you so paranoid about debts?"
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "What exactly do you think I'm expecting in return?"
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "Sounds like justice to me."
Cait: " "
- Cait: "
The Sole Survivor: "Of course, anything you need."
Cait: " "
(Cait's dialogue) "
- The Sole Survivor: "Why judge yourself?"
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "Well, that's the past. You're not alone anymore."
Cait: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "Can your psycho addiction be cured?"
Cait: " "
- Cait: "
The Sole Survivor: "Anything you need, Cait."
Cait: " "
The Sole Survivor: " "
Cait: " "
(Cait's dialogue) "