Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The bumper sword consists of a chrome car bumper that has been pounded out and sharpened into a thick, heavy blade. The license plate is still attached, and an exhaust pipe strapped to the unsharpened end serves as a makeshift handle.
Special attack[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Mauler outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The bumper sword can successfully strike about 1495 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Blade of the East - A unique variant used by Legate Lanius.
- Blade of the West - Can be found on various marked men in the Divide.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Blade of the East||65||104.6||+2/10s||1.58||x1||30||35||4.3||3995||12||45||3.8||100||9|
|Blade of the West||60||127.9||2.13||x1.5||30||29||4.1||745||12||5700||475||100||9|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- REPCONN test site - Carried by Davison, a nightkin found in the basement of the building.
- Zapp's Neon Signs, in the South Vegas ruins - Visible in an open cabinet, in the foreman's office at the top of the metal staircase.
- Black Mountain - May be carried by nightkin.
- Black Rock cave - One may be carried by a nightkin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is affected by the Heavyweight perk.
- The license plate number reads "SOUTHWEST 212-117 NEVADA 2052."