Buffalo gourd seeds are possibly the most common consumables from plants in-game, being both sold by most food vendors and located in numerous areas. The plants themselves grow on cracked or broken roads and, due to their contrast of color against the roads, they are very easily spotted.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+1 Hit Point for 2s||-12 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point for 2s||-14 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point for 2s||-16 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point for 2s||-18 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point for 2s||-20 Starvation|
|60||+2 Hit Point for 2s||-22 Starvation|
|70||+2 Hit Point for 2s||-24 Starvation|
|80||+2 Hit Point for 2s||-26 Starvation|
|90||+2 Hit Point for 2s||-28 Starvation|
|100||+3 Hit Point for 2s||-30 Starvation|
In addition to being found on roadways, they can also be found in several locations:
- Mojave Outpost - Four plants are located in the picnic area behind the headquarters building, and three across the road by the brahmin pen.
- Lucky 38 - Seven can be found on a shelf behind the bar on the east side of the casino.
- Goodsprings - Three seeds are found in Doc Mitchell's house at the beginning of the game. They have no ownership and can be taken without the player character losing Karma. There are several other plants located around Goodsprings.
- Primm - Two plants are located right outside Deputy Beagle's residence.
- HELIOS One - Several can be found in the power plant building's last room next to the observation room door.
- On the road between the 188 trading post and Boulder City.
- Several patches are scattered among the ruined houses and streets in the neighborhood to the west of H&H Tools Factory.
- They were previously used to make gecko kebabs, but as of patch 18.104.22.168x, they are no longer one of the ingredients.
- In the Big MT, there are terminal entries describing how one of the scientists choked to death on one and was reanimated by his trauma harness. After a botched attempt to get rid of him, he acquired a K9000 cyberdog gun and can be found and killed. However, his inventory does not contain any seeds.
- A giant version of the plant can be found to the southeast of Monte Carlo Suites.
Behind the scenesEdit
The buffalo gourd is based on the real world Cucurbita foetidissima, colloquially known as "buffalo gourd," which contain edible seeds and are found in the Central and Southwestern United States.
Playstation 3 If a buffalo gourd seed is dropped, and then viewed, the weight will be displayed as 0.00.[verified]