|For other characters named Anders, see Anders.|
Bryce Anders is an injured Ranger scout inside of Vault 3. He can be found by entering the living quarters, making the first left, and proceeding directly ahead through the door to find a dead Fiend, along with some booby traps at the foot of some stairs leading to the recreational wing.
The hallway up the stairs to the door has two mines and a tripwire booby trap on the living quarter's side and another two mines on the recreational wing side. He reveals that he is on a mission to kill the leader of the Fiends in Vault 3, which initiates the unmarked quest Bounty Killer.
The Courier has the option to heal him, help him kill the leader, offer to finish the mission solo for him, or lie about his health and send him to his death. If the player character completes the quest, Ranger Anders will travel to Camp McCarran, where he will bunk inside one of the barracks tents outside. If the Courier sends him away, he will open a panel that is next to the Vault entry area.
It is possible to get a key to the maintenance area from him. The key is only necessary if the player character's Lockpick skill is below 75 and they did not pass the Speech check (or wear Great Khan armor) at the entrance to the Vault, which would grant access to all sections.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character plays Caravan.||They can bid caps.|
- Bounty Killer: Anders was supposed to kill Motor-Runner, but did not succeed, so he asks for the help of the Courier.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|NCR Ranger patrol armor
|Combat knife||Vault 3 maintenance key|
- Bryce is armed only with a combat knife and will not equip a better weapon, even if one reverse-pickpockets a firearm into his inventory.
- Bryce does not become hostile if the player character is wearing faction armor, such as that of the Great Khans or even Caesar's Legion.
- If the Courier has not cleared out the hostile Fiends outside Vault 3, there is a chance that when they exit Vault 3, the Fiends will see Bryce Anders and kill him.
- If the player character speaks to him while he is in Camp McCarran, he will still act as if he were in Vault 3.
- If the player character wants him to survive, they do not have to escort him or clear out the area. The quickest way to make sure he returns to Camp McCarran is to wait 24 in-game hours.
- Anders is scripted to die if he is damaged at all by a member of the Fiends. This was done to ensure that he dies if one lies to him and says he should be able to kill Motor-Runner by himself.
- "What's it look like? I caught one in the leg. I killed a dozen of those degenerates sneaking my way in... but one got a drop on me."
- "Their leader calls himself Motor-Runner. He seems to be the only one who can still rub two brain cells together."
Bryce Anders appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- If the player character leaves Vault 3 after fixing his leg and tells him to wait there for them, but before killing Motor-Runner, he may make his way back to Camp McCarran. [verified]
- If the player character teams up with him first, he will give them the key to the wing. If the player character, however, talks to him again and tells him that they will do the mission solo, he will curse himself for not being able to do anything right as he does not have the key to give to the player character. He will implore the player character to seek out the key elsewhere. [verified]
- It is possible to get "infinite experience" by asking him "Tell me what an NCR ranger is doing here" and then choosing "[SPEECH 25] <Lie> I'm an independent contractor with the NCR." One will receive 25-75 XP every time. [verified]
- It is also possible to get "infinite experience" by offering to take out Motor-Runner for him and choosing "[SPEECH 35] I can handle myself just fine. I found you, didn't I?" garnering 35 XP. This dialogue option appears, even after he has left Vault 3. However, this dialogue path will no longer be available if one chooses to heal his leg. [verified]
- Aba Daba Honeymoon, but has not killed Motor-Runner, then open the access hatch by hacking the nearby terminal. Once this is done, it is possible to tell Anders to leave. He will then sneak out of the Vault. Once he leaves, one can return to McCarran without killing Motor-runner. Everyone will assume he is dead and the Fiends in Vault 3 will remain friendly. [verified] If one has previously completed
- Colonel Hsu and he will comment on how "Anders showed up not too long ago," regardless of ever interacting or even seeing Anders in Vault 3. [verified] If the Courier kills Motor-Runner after delivering his package in the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest, they can take his helmet directly to