The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
One of the synths that escaped from the Institute to Acadia, Brooks remains at Far Harbor to greet new synths who escape from the Commonwealth. He is one of the last few, known individuals to see Derrick alive before he was killed by trappers.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: weapons, apparel, aid, misc, junk and ammo|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Arrival: Brooks acts as the Sole Survivor's contact while searching for the missing synth. He'll inform them that the synth refugee arrived at Far Harbor as scheduled but panicked since he thought he'd been followed, and escaped into the fog.
- The Way Life Should Be: If DiMA is tried and executed by the people of Far Harbor and the player character is unable to convince the mob to spare Acadia, Allen Lee will kill Brooks after saying that Arcadia will burn "starting with that synth bastard," referring to Brooks. This indicates that Allen Lee knew Brooks was a synth.
- Brooks sells the unique legendary Recon Marine Helmet, a marine armor piece with the Cunning effect (+1 Agility and Perception).
- Brooks will accept charge cards and redeems them for 100 caps.
- Even though Brooks seems to want to keep his synth identity a secret, some of the harbormen will sometimes mention that he is a synth.
- The Sole Survivor: "What's the problem?"
Chase: " "
The Sole Survivor: "You have any leads on where he might be?"
Chase: "You should start by talking to Brooks in Far Harbor. He's one of us, a synth. He's the one who meets the new arrivals and gets them started on the journey here. Of course, he's not likely to tell you anything without proof that you're working for me. If he doesn't cooperate, tell him that his designation is L7-92. That should convince him. "
- The Sole Survivor: "Hey, this is a long shot, but... do you accept this charge card?"
Brooks: " "