Many portions of the cave are slightly radioactive. It appears that, before the Great War, the cave was used as a toxic waste dump site. Additionally, someone set up a lab on a radiation-free ledge where they could study the giant rats that are found thriving amid the hazardous conditions.
From the entrance, walk downhill, there will be a Salesman Weekly on the floor, then the path forks. The left path leads into an irradiated room (1-2 rads per second that fills the whole barrel-filled cavern) where a skeleton with a knife, .357 Magnum revolver and an ammunition box sits in the middle, along with a copy of Lad's Life. This loot may not be worth the trouble and rads, as even with the Scrounger perk, the ammunition box only contains a small amount of ammunition.
The right path forks again after the descending path winds past mine carts with barrels in them and flattens out into a small cave. The right fork from here goes up to a ledge with a view over the main cave chamber, then leads to a recessed room containing a broken fence. Through this fence are the Ratslayer, medical equipment and ammunition boxes. Other items include two stimpaks and one Med-X on the table that are in front of the Courier when they pass the fence, and a Programmer's Digest on the farthest right table. On the desk where the Ratslayer is found there are two RadAways, one stimpak, a Cateye, another Cateye on top of the computer, another Progammer's Digest and a copy of Today's Physician. There is a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate to the right of the desk. A radiation suit lies on top of it. The left path leads to a final cavern, where Jane's brahmin will spawn for the Debt Collector quest.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Upon entering the cave, those with the Wild Wasteland trait will hear an eerie noise and a special Pip-Boy icon will appear, denoting the beginning of a Wild Wasteland event.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
Lady Jane asks the Courier to retrieve her money from her dead brahmin (found in the broc flower cave) after being confronted about her debt with the Atomic Wrangler casino during the quest Debt Collector. The brahmin will not appear until the Courier agrees to retrieve the debt.
- As the name suggests, Broc Flower Cave is obviously named after the large number of Broc flowers outside of the cave. This is the highest concentration of broc flowers in the game.
- Inside the lab where the Ratslayer is located, there's half of a first aid box sticking out of the floor near the other first aid box hidden under a table.
- Radiation levels can range from 1-3 rads per second, up to even 20 if the water there is consumed.
- Since the cave is so close to a Legion camp, many veteran and recruit legionaries and 1-2 veteran decanii may be found near the cave. They are armed with machetes, throwing spears, fire axes, and a couple even have trail carbines.
- A small group of NCR soldiers from Camp Searchlight may also be found fighting the Legion not far from the cave.
- Many prospectors also roam the area.
- The interior uses the same layout as the Mysterious cave.
The broc flower cave appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If the cave is entered before Lady Jane talks about her lost caravan, the brahmin will not be there upon return to the cave for the Debt Collector quest. However, it is possible to lie about collecting the caps and pay off the debt. Jane's brahmin can also be placed near the Courier using the console (PC). Enter player.placeatme 116af4.[verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If the Debt Collector quest is completed before and without entering the cave it is unlikely to see the prospector's ghost or Lady Jane's pack brahmin.[verified]
- Even without the Wild Wasteland trait, the giant rats in the cave may have the stats of the ROUS and deal 50 damage per hit, but still look like normal giant rats.[verified]