Many portions of the cave are slightly radioactive and contain pre-War toxic barrels. At some point in the past, a lab was set up on one of the radiation-free ledges.
The entrance opens to a path leading down. A short distance from the cave opening, a Salesman Weekly can be seen on the floor. The path splits shortly thereafter. To the left, a cavern full of radioactive barrels containing a skeleton, a knife, a copy of Lad's Life, an ammunition box, and a .357 Magnum revolver, can be found in the center. The right path forks again after the descending path winds past several minecarts and barrels. The path levels out into an open cavern.
The right fork follows a ledge with a view overlooking the main cave chamber, then leads to a recessed room containing a broken fence. A unique varmint rifle, Ratslayer can be found alongside a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate, a radiation suit, and medical equipment are stored behind the fence. A collection of chems are found here, including stimpaks, Med-X, RadAway, and Cateye.
A copy of Today's Physician and two copies of Programmer's Digest are located on top of and to the right of a desk. The left path leads to a final cavern, where Jane's brahmin will spawn for the Debt Collector quest.
- Ratslayer - A unique variant of the varmint rifle, below a desk in the makeshift laboratory on the upper level.
- The giant rats found inside this cave have the same stats as the R.O.U.S. (rodents of unusual size) and are very dangerous, especially for low level characters.
- As the name suggests, the cave is named for a large number of broc flowers outside of the cave. This location has the highest concentration of broc flowers in the game.
- Inside the lab where Ratslayer is located, half of a first aid box juts out of the floor near the other first aid box, hidden under a table.
- Radiation levels can reach upwards of 3 rads per second. Consuming the water results in this number increasing to 20.
- Due to the cave's close proximity to the Legion raid camp, many veteran and recruit legionaries as well as veteran decani may be found near the cave.
- A small group of NCR soldiers from Camp Searchlight may also be found fighting the Legion here.
- Many prospectors also roam the area.
- The interior has the same layout as the mysterious cave.
- Lincoln's head from Fallout 3 is tied to the back of Jane's brahmin during the Debt Collector quest.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- Upon entering the cave, those with the Wild Wasteland trait will hear an eerie noise and a special Pip-Boy icon will appear, denoting the beginning of a Wild Wasteland event. Instead of normal rats being found here, R.O.U.S. are found (rodents of unusual size). These creatures may be killed and looted for giant rat meat.
- The rodents of unusual size are named in reference to William Goldman's novel and film The Princess Bride. In the film and novel, rodents of unusual size (or ROUS for short) attack the protagonists.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
The broc flower cave appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- caps and pay off the debt. Jane's brahmin can also be placed near the Courier using console commands, by entering player.placeatme 116af4.[verified] If the cave is entered before Lady Jane talks about her lost caravan, the brahmin will not be there upon returning to the cave for the Debt Collector quest. However, it is possible to lie about collecting the
- If the Debt Collector quest is completed before and without entering the cave, it is unlikely to see the prospector's ghost or Lady Jane's pack brahmin.[verified]
- Even without the Wild Wasteland trait, the giant rats in the cave may have the stats of the ROUS and deal 50 damage, but still look like normal giant rats.[verified]