The broad machete is a unique weapon in Fallout: New Vegas. It was a pre-order exclusive close-combat weapon, included with the Tribal Pack, before the release of Courier's Stash. It is significantly stronger than the normal machete favored by members of the Legion.
The broad machete has a unique world model and an appearance that sets it apart from other machetes; the bolo-style blade is well-traveled and well-honed, making it a more conventional machete as opposed to the makeshift design used by the Legionaries. It also has a unique Pip-Boy icon when selected. The broad machete has considerably higher DPS (especially at higher levels), and a higher base damage as well. These factors make it an excellent weapon for melee-based characters, especially early on, where the broad machete tends to outperform other melee weapons by a considerable factor. Its forward power attack is more akin to non-player character power attacks, as well.
Unlike most other one handed melee weapons, it does not have the "Back Slash" special attack.
The broad machete can successfully strike about 370 times from full condition before breaking.
- Machete gladius - A rarer, more powerful version.
- Machete - The common version found in the Wasteland.
- Liberator - A unique version carried by Dead Sea.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Machete gladius||28||84||x1.5 limb||3||x1.5||28||20||2.8||370||2||1000||500||25||4|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Though the broad machete looks completely different to the machetes found in the main game, the Tribal Pack's promotional poster shows the character holding a plain machete.
- The charge attack animation is the same as the Legion Assault's animation.
- Unlike the other machetes, it has no limb damage bonus.